Replies

• Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    DR OZ IS A MORON.

Im sorry but he's the physical equivalent of WebMB

all scare tactics and "what you want to hear" bs

for your own sake don't believe him

Do you think Dr. Oz is here for you or for his sponsors? Next time you watch the show, write down the names of the advertisers and what product they're pushing. His sponsors know at some subliminal level you associate their products as healthy choices endorsed by the show content which is supposedly focused on making America eat better, lose weight and be healthier. Do you think Dr. Oz is here for you?

IMHO ... no.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Seriously people, common sense would tell you this article is a load of crap (and a fake, see previous posts). Really? You think cooking fruits destroys every single vitamin? You think water causes cancer? For the love of god people, do not believe everything you read on the internet.

BTW, even though this "article" has nothing to do with Dr. Oz, he always strikes me as a snake oil salesman type.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Interesting feed....
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Eating shouldn't be a science!! I eat the best I can exercise 5 days a week and hope for the best. I'm tired of one person saying eat like this and another person saying eat like that.... come on just eat as healthy as you can and drink your water!!

Agreed. There is this tendancy to make this more complicated than it has to be. Most of the "short cuts" or "little extras" kicked around here only apply to people in all kinds proffessional competitions..if they apply at all.

Eat Right you know what those foods are, stay near your calorie goal most days, and do something active.

That won't get you looking like the models on TV, but if that's your goal I think it's extra-topical to this website. But it will get you to a healthy weight, and let you lead a healthy lifestyle.

As to the original topic. Um, Yeah I would ignore most of that.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Seriously people, common sense would tell you this article is a load of crap (and a fake, see previous posts). Really? You think cooking fruits destroys every single vitamin? You think water causes cancer? For the love of god people, do not believe everything you read on the internet.

BTW, even though this "article" has nothing to do with Dr. Oz, he always strikes me as a snake oil salesman type.

+1
  • dcjulian
    dcjulian Posts: 33
    Options
    Bump
  • heathernsugar
    Options
    I LOVE DR OZ and I WILL DO WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS INFORMATION!!!!!!

IT WAS VERY INTERESTING

:heart:

heathernsugar
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    BUMP.

I hope everyone. Reads this...

Go ahead eat an apple first thing when u wake up... wait 30 min... u will know ur metabolism hasjust been woke up....

While i dont believe that cold water causes cancer... if anything i think it reduces the fat absorbtion by soldifying it.... but i have Been telling ppl the fruit in an empty stomach & cold water stuf
    f for years.

Only i think itshood for u.... makes Me feel good... don't think it would if it was producing cancer.... helps digestion... and boosts metabolism by having to bring it to body temp.... the cancer stuff is bull....
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Please everyone be careful of these types of emails, check on line and see if they are fake which by the way it is. :frown:

As luck would have it I had a doctor's appointment the first time I got sent this, printed it out and took it with me.
    My doctor nearly fell off his chair with laughter, ripped it up and put in the bin.

Whilst he agreed that icy icy cold water can upset some people, his opinion was:
    1. Drink water - it's good for you any time
    2. Eat fruit - whenever you damn well feel like it, because it's good for you
    3. Cooking does not kill the benefits of fruit and on a side note, he also refused to give up his wife's home made apple pie

So, remember this is the 'Internet' and not everything on it is the gospel truth :flowerforyou: