logging daily activities as exercise...

2»

Replies

• kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    I've seen things logged as activity that include "sitting/resting" and "computer" and even "brushing teeth". Surely this is cheating yourself into thinking you have more cals to use??

Brushing teeth, ... LOL
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    You have 2100 posts to my 145, so I take it you've been around a while longer then a month like I have.
    My apologies if this has been discussed before. I suppose you could just not respond and skip over the thread :)

maybe next time you could try the search option on the forum... it took me a bit to realize it was even there, but it can save you from asking the stuff that 50 million poeple (or so it seems to the people who have to explain things over and over again) have asked before you!!

as far as MY opinion on this subject I log it if it's NOT part of my daily routine (so obviouly I don't log sex).

If I work out in the yard for extended time more than just my daily watering and pulling a few weeds I count it.

I've seen people use the "walking upstairs" as part of their workout, for example a friend on my list walks for I think 40 minutes and 10 minutes of it is walking upstairs, so she combines those two and you'll see it on her page as "including walking upstairs" so yeah, she counts that.

Another point is that some people on here may very obsese and not used to ANY activity so 10 minutes of ANYthing is going to be counted. Whereas someone who is fairly fit and active would need an intense workout to consider logging it. So, I guess you are right, to each their own, and there are definitely valid reasons for you to see those in other people’s logs.

hope that helps. Good luck to you!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,275 Member
    My activity level is set at lightly active so I don't add stuff like cleaning, or playing with my kid. If I had my activity level set at sedentary I might log those things
This discussion has been closed.