30DS & HRM vs. BMF

Options
bentobee
bentobee Posts: 321 Member
10 points to anyone who can decode that title! :bigsmile:

30 Day Shred and Heart Rate Monitor versus BodyMedia Fit.

Okay, I just did day 2 of the Shred. While I've done the workout off and on, I've never done it for the whole 30 days in a row - but that's what I'm aiming for this time around.
Anyway, I usually only wear my BodyMedia FIt armband for it and I get a readout of around 160 calories burned. Today was the first day I put on a HRM for it (Polar FT7 - obviously it has a chest strap) and it said I burned 355.

Clearly there is a big difference between 160 and 355. I'm wondering if anyone else with a BMF or BB has noticed the same thing? Should I split the difference when logging the calories into MFP? I'm inclined to side with the HRM on the calorie burn since I definitely FEEL like it's more than a 160 burn.

Thoughts?

Replies

• klm78
    klm78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to know this, too. I'm on day 10 of 30 DS and have just been logging that workout as "circuit training." It's normally around 165 calories. However...I just received my Polar FT7 in the mail today, so I'm anxious to see what it says my calorie burn actually is! Good Question!!!!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Before when I did the 30DS, I did level 2 & 3 only (separately). I burned anywhere from 270ish-310. I just started up again & am going for the entire 30 days. I'll be wearing my hrm today while doing level 1 & post it.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Level 1 (day 3) - HRM said 154 calories for the 26 minute workout.