Dieting during deployments

Options
A friend of mine showed me this site. I thought I'd give it a shot. I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for about 2 months now and have lost 16lbs. Now I'm working on losing the last 11 more to reach my goal. I'm currently in Iraq, so it hasn't been too hard to lose the lbs. So far, I've been able to avoid the delicious goodies in the care packages, but worry that when I return home I'll gain it all back. That's the usual scenario. So, I'm looking for some advice on nutrition, recipes, quick work-outs, and general healthy living. I have GOT to keep this weight off this time around.

Replies

• jessjess
    Options
    A friend of mine showed me this site. I thought I'd give it a shot. I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for about 2 months now and have lost 16lbs. Now I'm working on losing the last 11 more to reach my goal. I'm currently in Iraq, so it hasn't been too hard to lose the lbs. So far, I've been able to avoid the delicious goodies in the care packages, but worry that when I return home I'll gain it all back. That's the usual scenario. So, I'm looking for some advice on nutrition, recipes, quick work-outs, and general healthy living. I have GOT to keep this weight off this time around.
  • pamebn2
    Options
    Wow, congrats on the 12 pounds. I would imagine that coming home is like having your birthday, Christmas, and Easter all at the same time. Everyone who loves you tries to tell you so with food!! I think if you stick with this site and keep track you will make it through just fine and also manage to lose the other pounds.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :happy: :flowerforyou: First of all, thank you for what you are doing for all of us. :flowerforyou: :happy:
    Congrats on the weight lose. Keep up the great work. When you get home, just keep logging on and remember it is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. You can do it, and we are all here to support you along the way. Positive thoughts!!!