Ever satisfied?

Options
I feel like so many of us (myself included) rarely allow ourselves to be happy or satisfied with all the hard work and dedication it has taken to get to a healthier place. We are constantly chasing that additional weight loss, that smaller notch in our belt loop, etc.

I have made major changes in my life and I feel better about myself; physically and mentally. However, I struggle everyday to appreciate the work I have done and the place where I am right now. Occasionally, I will glance at myself in the mirror and be happy and not be ready to beat myself up for not being at my goal weight.

I have never been at a "goal" weight, so who knows how I will actually feel when I get there. But ultimately I would like to feel satisfied and proud, not thinking I should lose a few more pounds.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight (150lbs) back in Sept 2010, I felt like I should set a new goal. Like I couldn't be happy and content with all the work I'd done, I needed to set a NEW goal to work towards. I wish I could just look in the mirror and say "I am happy with this" and move on. I did maintain that 150lbs from Sept - May (just last week I lost 4lbs). And now, I feel like I'm back on the chasing train... I want to lose another pound so I can be 145. It'd be great to be 140. I want to wear a size 6. I could go on and on. I wish I could learn to just be happy with how far I've already come. :(
  • annepannetje
    annepannetje Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try to see it in a different way. What are the things you can do now, that you lost that weight, that you couldn´t do before? Play with your children, carry the grocery bags stuff like that. Apreciate those things instead of the exact numbers on the scale.
  • Akiyah
    Akiyah Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm just gonna throw this out there. I haven't reached my goal yet and have a very long journey ahead of me, but I have been a size 9 way back when and find myself wondering if the same reasons I have now for allowing myself to gain all this weight, will be there when I reach my goal and will I then become obsessed with losing weight.?