My New Lunch Choice

Options
I have been using MFP for a few days now and I love it. I lift weights and work-out quite a bit. OK, so in the "before time" my lunch order at Taco Bell would have been 3 crunchy tacos and a burrito supreme. And of course that was because, "Hey, I work out hard and do lots of cardio, I can eat WHATEVER I want!" Right, then I wondered why my clothes never got any looser after all the working out! LOL...

I haven't gone to Taco Bell in awhile and have been bringing healthy lunches from home, but this morning was crazy and I didn't go shopping last night so I didn't pack a lunch. After some careful research I headed out to Taco Bell and my NEW lunch order is: 2 Fresco Chicken Tacos. I'm about to give them a try! I'll report back later.

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Man, I am with you on that decision. I dig the Fresco tacos!!
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I eat the fresco chicken soft tacos myself. They are really tasty.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    OMG! Those were so good. I almost chewed up the wrapping paper! Next time I'll get 3! Feels so awesome to be making these smart choices and to be planning my nutritional intake instead of just stuffing whatever I want into my ravenous mouth! I love MFP and I love all you guys and all the great positive advice I am discovering here!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I'll eat 3 crunchy tacos w/o cheese. Pretty low cal for fast food! Sodium is ok, but better than some other choices!
  • Jenwex
    Jenwex Posts: 11
    Options
    I generally go for the chicken taco salad of course that is fresco style and minus the shell but the soft tacos are great too. :)
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ew I haven't eaten taco bell in forever and it was my fav! You should go to your local grocery store and grab an avacado or something :) Just a suggestion.... I did love taco bell
  • Soccer_Chick
    Options
    Ew I haven't eaten taco bell in forever and it was my fav! You should go to your local grocery store and grab an avacado or something :) Just a suggestion.... I did love taco bell

Um, let's see...tacos vs avocado for lunch. Cals: 2 tacos=300, avocado=180. Protein: tacos=24, avocado=3, carbs: tacos=36, avocado=15. Fat: tacos=7, avocado=27. Pretty much a no-brainer to me. More protein, less fat. I need the calories and I need the carbs, so I am good with my choice. And, hmm...eating two fresh juicy tacos or one avocado?? I LOVE avocados, don't get me wrong, but...IT"S LUNCH!! :laugh:
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like the fresco soft tacos, too.
  • allisoncook87
    Options
    Well I feel I know a lot about nutrition, and processed food is not my first choice, sorry just trying to help. The Fiber and the fat in the avocado help you feel full. Fat doesn't make you fat it helps you absorb your vitamins a minerals, unused carbs and calories is what stores as fat. Again I wasn't trying to be offensive just trying to help.
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love those fresco tacos...my fav are the steak ones...:smile:
  • Soccer_Chick
    Options
    Love those fresco tacos...my fav are the steak ones...:smile:
    Thanks Jovanny, I'll try those next! :)
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    yummy I love taco bell! I use to get a Cheese Quesadilla and a beefy five layer burrito which came out to a whopping 1020 calores before MFP. Holy smokes!!! haha so now I get two fresco steak tacos for only 300 calories. I'm a firm believer we can still eat the things we enjoy, but there are healthier options out there :)-
  • Soccer_Chick
    Options
    yummy I love taco bell! I use to get a Cheese Quesadilla and a beefy five layer burrito which came out to a whopping 1020 calores before MFP. Holy smokes!!! haha so now I get two fresco steak tacos for only 300 calories. I'm a firm believer we can still eat the things we enjoy, but there are healthier options out there :)-
    I agree with you 100%. I feel if I am not at least somewhat enjoying my nutritional intake I may revert back to my old unhealthy habits. There are sensible choices we can make in the drive-thru line. And although I am VERY SERIOUS about getting totally fit and strong, I will not turn myself into a person who cannot live in the real world with real people!!
  • allisoncook87
    Options
    Good job to everyone about making better choices :)