Sorta a Newbie!

Options
Hello, my name is Dayna and I signed up a few weeks ago so I could count my calories. Since I've joined I have seen that there is much more to the site than a calorie counter.

My story goes like this. I've always been a bit bigger than normal. Before having my 10 month old daughter I weighed 180lbs and when I had her I weighed in at 200lbs. Three weeks ago I weighed in at 248lbs. My doctor told me I have gained 48lbs since I have had my daughter 10months ago. I have been battling with post par tum depression and I have been on and off 5 different medications. I am now starting to feel better and I am ready to get rid of all this excess weight. I want to lose weight but I am determined to do it the healthiest way possible. My husband and I have revamped our fridge and cupboards and we're working on portion control. My biggest problem so far has been water in take. I've tried all of the flavor enhancers and what not, but they all have that diet taste....and it's too sweet for me =/

I have yet to incorporate exercising videos or a routine. I have just started going for walks with my two daughters and I have been mowing my enormous yard every few days, I would love tips, or exercises that would help me get started

There's so much more to me than I have typed down, but I would be here for days =) Oh and I am 5'5 tall and three weeks ago I weighed in at 248lbs. I'm buying a good scale this weekend so I can check my progress so far!

Thank you!
Dayna

Replies

• Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    We all gain it for one reason or another; depression being a major contributor.

But, realizing you have a problem is a major component in fighting the problem. I knew I was over-eating; I guess I was substituting food and that 'full filling' with being happy. But the truth of the matter was that I wasn't happy, and over-eatting made me more and more miserable. The more you weigh, the less energy you have, the less energy you have, the less incentive you have to get off your backside and doing something productive.

Now, with MFP - we have a weapon. We can plan our meals - we can use the calories to CHOOSE what we want to eat, and then use what we have learned to CHOOSE how much, and when we are going to eat it.

Now, I know how many calories I was consuming a day; all I have to do is drop my caloric intake - and the weight is coming off and I neither feel hungry, nor do I feel like I'm sacrificing anything.