Any Kinect (Xbox360) workout fans on here?

Options
I love the great outdoors. I am way into hiking, biking, canoeing, camping and enjoy a good workout in nature.

However getting to the gym has been very difficult.

But, I have an Xbox360 and Kinect (motion sensing camera) plus the "Your Shape Fitness Evolved" program.

This thing is great. It scans your body, and personalizes a workout program for you based on age, weight, fitness level and such. It even tests your starting ability and adjusts for your personalized program. Everything is done with a virtual trainer (you can choose man or woman trainer) and the workouts seem to push you just enough to your ability to make it burn but not too much. The problem I have had with Jillian is I always felt like she was trying to kill me.

Anyway, I just tried it out today and it was a blast. Anyone else using this as part of your overall plan?

Replies

• wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I do, mostly do boxing
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My husband and I use the Dance Central and Kinect Sports! Exercise and fun... can't get much better than that!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout, which pretty much does the same thing, and Dance Central. =D
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    We have one but mostly my kids use it; however, I LIKE the sound of the Shape game. Will definitely have to give it a try.
  • naixnaix32
    naixnaix32 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the Dance Central game as well. What I love about Dance Central is it tells you how many calories you're burning while you're doing the dance moves. I LOVE IT! I plan on getting the Shape game very soon!
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I didn't know the Dance central game counted your calories. That sounds like fun.
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i have biggest loser and dance central and love both
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting biggest loser
  • fittraier
    fittraier Posts: 138
    Options
    We don't have any workout kinect games, but the outdoor adventure?? game I play with my kids, and sports games--like olympic style games--track field, boxing, etc. all kick my butt. Doesn't count calories, but sweating and Heart rate up!
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    I do the boxing and wear my HRM
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    Have you tried EA active 2? It's better than YourShape in my opinion.
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I didn't know the Dance central game counted your calories. That sounds like fun.

Right before you choose the PLAY option of a song, down a few rows is a option called WORKOUT MODE. It'll ask you to enter your weight, and once the box is checked back on the PLAY menu, play through the song and it'll tell you how many seconds you actually danced and a good estimation of calories burned. Its an awesome tool.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i do biggest loser and zumba fitness on the kinect. they are both great.
  • Lou05
    Options
    i do biggest loser and zumba fitness on the kinect. they are both great.

whats zumba like is it any good
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't use it as a regular part of my workout, but I play boxing and sometimes the track and field running one a couple of times a week. My arms are always sore the next day from boxing, but it's a ton of fun!
  • Lou05
    Options
    Have you tried EA active 2? It's better than YourShape in my opinion.

i just got that today and am looking forward to it
  • slinky29
    slinky29 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm a fan of Zumba and Biggest Loser for Kinect they both give you a good workout and Zumba in particular gets your heart rate up.

Personally I was not keen on Your Shape and have now got fed up with Dance Central.
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    I usually only do the boxing on your shape, struggle to get that right sometimes got fed up dance central pretty quickly. going to go to blockbusters at some point and see what they have for rent, one or two I like the look of