Which Pedometer?

Options
Hi Everyone

Im looking into buying a Pedometer but there are loads out there to choose from!

Which ones do you use, What ones are reliable?

I used to have one but for every 10 steps or so it was telling me I'd done 15 so I stopped using it!

Thanks

Replies

• emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone like an iphone or a phone that can use apps?

Because there's an app for that :wink:
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    Yes I have a smart phone however Im unable to download Apps!! My mobile provider can not tell me why either so once my contract is up (in 2 months) Im leaving them!

Whats the App called? Is there an easy way to find it once Ive got a new phone with a decent company?
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use footsteps on my iphone....works out pretty accurately :smile:
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want to use it for and how big of a "gadget" person you are.

I love, love, love my FitBit- but it is pricey at around $100.

Why do I like it better than a normal pedometer:

1) Not only does it track steps but "active level" Basically how fast you are going and does a scary accurate calorie count when compared to my HRM for walking, jogging etc (not so much for things like 30 Day Shred).
    2) It electronically uploads so I have a history
    3) It tracks my sleep and how much I wake up during the night
    4) It is smaller than a normal pedometer. (TMI but with dresses, I can wear it on my undies or bra under the dress and no one has a clue it's there)
    5) It gives me calorie count throughout the day and activity level thorughout the day so I can try (when my work schedule allows) to stay somewhat active throughout the day - even if it is just walking 5 minutes every hour. It has a little flower that loses or gains its leaves depending on how active you are - I like to keep it with at least two-three leaves at all times - but that doesn't always happen. Maybe on the weekends - but never during the week really.
  • Sandie001
    Sandie001 Posts: 29
    Options
    I also use footsteps on the iphone and it is pretty much accurate as I have compared it with my hrm and the burn isn't far off. Good luck with finding one to suit you
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I think mine is just called 'Pedometer' there's a free version of it which I tried first. I just searched the app store for free ones, liked this one so bought the full version for not very much money at all (a couple of ££s)

That's such a shame you cant download apps! Really defeats the point of having a smartphone - I'd be so cross with the mobile provider! :grumble:
  • PegJ
    PegJ Posts: 7
    Options
    I also love my FitBit. Accurate and discrete. I love that it syncs with my computer automatically (I would forget to do it) And like mentioned before, very small so no one knows it there. I went through a TSA pat down, forgetting it was there, and it wasn't found. Kinda scary actually. I’ve had mine for 18 months and would buy it again in a target rate heartbeat!