Got Milk? I Have ???'s

Options
sherry2626
sherry2626 Posts: 49 Member
I Love Milk!! I would so love to Drink more For years now I've been using Fat Free Milk With Cereal's an Cooking needs. But I'm a Faithful Watcher of Biggest Loser. Thru the Years I've seen on the Show :drinker: Drink More :drinker:
MFP Has my Sugar level @ only 24 I go over some what every day as is
What's Your Opinion? Should I Add it in my Calorie Count an have a Glass. Or just keep it low an enjoy it only in my Cereal an cooking needs?

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    By the way you look terrific. I just started having a glass of milk now and then due to getting more calcium and vitamin D.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist but I'd say Milk is a great low-fat, low-calorie snack, so enjoy it. I wouldn't worry about naturally occuring sugar - unless you are diabetic.

You look fabulous. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Switch to Unsweetened Almond milk, for 1/4 the calories, no cholesterol, no little unsaturated fat and better Calcium and Vitamin D absorption.
  • sherry2626
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments....:smile:

I have tried Silk Almond Milk 90 Calories I think... I liked it. It just seems so thick an sweet to taste. Is the Unsweetened like that?
  • ananda403
    ananda403 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! I LOVE milk and hate the fat free watered down stuff, I try to get 2% and keep it to a glass a day. Milk is good for you so it's ok to keep around!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I have tried Silk Almond Milk 90 Calories I think... I liked it. It just seems so thick an sweet to taste. Is the Unsweetened like that?

Make sure you get the unsweetened silk almond milk. It is only 35 calories....and although it's rather thick and creamy compared to skim milk, it is not sweet tasting. My husband and I absolutely love it.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Make sure you get the unsweetened silk almond milk. It is only 35 calories....and although it's rather thick and creamy compared to skim milk, it is not sweet tasting. My husband and I absolutely love it.
    I'll try it. I love milk.
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    First - you're looking great.

I did read about a study recently that said that milk & milk products actually help you lose weight. Haven't read too much about it as my favorites are high fat, so I stay away.

Just wondering - been having milk while losing? If so - then why fix something that's not broke? :bigsmile:
  • sherry2626
    Options
    Thanks for all the Compliments And Ideas about milk. I'm gonna try to fit a glass in my daily Calories. I'm even gonna try the Unsweetened Almond milk.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I consume a LOT of dairy every day, most of it skim milk. I also eat Greek Yogurt and cheese very frequently. Hasn't slowed down my wieght loss at all and it ensures that I get more than enough caclium without supplements.