Could this be true?

Options
So I weigh myself a moment ago and my scale says I lost another 4lbs this week but I refuse to agree with it and I'll tell you why. I normally weigh myself first thing in the morning, but today I didn't until a while ago. My weight fluctuates about 10Lbs throughout the day so I'm thinking I should juat wait until tomorrow morning to weigh myself again. I was atuck on a plateau of 2 weeks of not losing any weigh because my scale is stubborn. Has this happened to you?

Replies

• justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the same time every single morning. That is the only weight that counts for me for the day because my weight also fluctuates throughout the day.
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    Yes! This EXACT same thing happened to me today and I am baffled. I have been thinking about writing a post on it. I have been stuck at 206-209 for weeks. I decided not to look at the scale for two weeks or so. Last night when I got home after my run, I decided to weigh. Now, I usually weigh only first thing in the morning right after I pee. Anyways, the scale last night said 200.2!!! I almost fell out. I weighed several times, each time getting 200.2 . Hoping I lost that last .2 overnight , I weighed this morning and it was back up to 205! Now granted, I'm happy it was 205 because I haven't seen that number in a LONG time, but still!! I was so excited to be almost at ONEderland!!! (especially after such a bummer of being stuck at 209 for weeks!!)

Sorry for the long reply, but I'm just so irritated and just wanted to you know that someone else is going through it too
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the same time every single morning. That is the only weight that counts for me for the day because my weight also fluctuates throughout the day.

Ditto!
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    I've had odd fluctuations like that. Meh. It happens.

Although it never hurts to lift the scale up and check under it. Once it was CLEARLY 20lbs off and I found the cat had gotten a big piece of kibble under it (she plays with it). Didn't feel like anything was under it, but it was messing with the scale.

It WAS a pretty funny 'huh?' moment at 5:45 am, staring at the scale. Stepping on and off it. Brain cells aren't firing too fast that early.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!