Hi!

Options
I found this site about a week ago and decided to join so that I could finally get down to my ideal weight. I have always always stressed about my weight and had a minor eating disorder when I was in my early teens. The subject of food is always on my mind: how much I've eaten, how to count my calories when out, how many calories are in what I eat, etc. My problem is emotional eating. I workout and eat very healthy, and then I can just completely binge on a whole bag of chips in one night and a tub of ice cream because I am lonely.

I moved to Sweden in May to go to pursue my PhD, so I am lonely a lot. My mother is from Sweden so all of my extended family is here, but I still miss my friends and boyfriend and family in the States. Swedish culture revolves around food and coffee (how everyone here is so skinny and beautiful is totally beyond me) so anytime you go for a visit or sit at a conference there is always pastries and coffee. I have Celiac disease, meaning that I can't eat anything with wheat in it, so you would think that meant that I just wouldn't have anything. But I just get chocolate instead! And they have totally amazing chocolate balls and my family is really into food. They seem to think that I don't eat enough so force me to eat all the time! It is actually stressful for me sometimes.

So I am here to lose weight. I really like seeing what others have written. It really inspires me to not eat when I am depressed and to see how far people have come. I really hope to do this! Thanks for reading! :happy:

Replies

• msblondy16
    Options
    I found this site about a week ago and decided to join so that I could finally get down to my ideal weight. I have always always stressed about my weight and had a minor eating disorder when I was in my early teens. The subject of food is always on my mind: how much I've eaten, how to count my calories when out, how many calories are in what I eat, etc. My problem is emotional eating. I workout and eat very healthy, and then I can just completely binge on a whole bag of chips in one night and a tub of ice cream because I am lonely.

I moved to Sweden in May to go to pursue my PhD, so I am lonely a lot. My mother is from Sweden so all of my extended family is here, but I still miss my friends and boyfriend and family in the States. Swedish culture revolves around food and coffee (how everyone here is so skinny and beautiful is totally beyond me) so anytime you go for a visit or sit at a conference there is always pastries and coffee. I have Celiac disease, meaning that I can't eat anything with wheat in it, so you would think that meant that I just wouldn't have anything. But I just get chocolate instead! And they have totally amazing chocolate balls and my family is really into food. They seem to think that I don't eat enough so force me to eat all the time! It is actually stressful for me sometimes.

So I am here to lose weight. I really like seeing what others have written. It really inspires me to not eat when I am depressed and to see how far people have come. I really hope to do this! Thanks for reading! :happy:
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :flowerforyou: I'm new here too...so I really can't give advice, but I do know that there's plenty of helpful people and information on here that definitely can.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you!!! Happy MFPing!!! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    WELCOME:smile::flowerforyou: