how to figure out cal per serv?

Options
1pam2l
1pam2l Posts: 11 Member
Most of my recipes I make, I have no clue how to figure out cal per serv! I can weigh everything I put in and what the calorie count was per oz, but, that doesn't tell me how many servings I end up with. Is there an app that you plug in weights of how much you use and calories per oz and then it tells you how many serv, what size and cal per serv? Or am I just stuck with finnish cooking and then measure it all out into another container to count how many servings I ended up with?

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    When you go to food, there's a tab at the top that says 'Recipes'. You can enter all the ingredients there and tell it how many servings that recipe makes and it does all the math for you.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When I make a casserole or something I put it in the recipe book usually as 8 depending on how low I want the calories then I split it up that way. Not sure if this answers your question or not.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
  • lalalalyndsey
    lalalalyndsey Posts: 565
    Options
    When you go to food, there's a tab at the top that says 'Recipes'. You can enter all the ingredients there and tell it how many servings that recipe makes and it does all the math for you.

What she said! It's one of the best tools on MFP... I use it religiously! :D
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I LOVE The recipe tool !!!! I wish it had the ability to add an ingredient, like the food diary does, if you can't find it in the list...if that makes sense... LOL.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options

my thoughts exactly.