apparently i gained 20 pounds in a few hours??

Options
so i weighed myself in the afternoon and i was at 167 which is 8 pounds from where i started. so i took a shower, did my hair, dressed, etc and i weighed myself again (i know i shouldn't but i was a bit giddy that i'd lost haha) and my weight is at like 185????? what on EARTH. all i ate between then and the second weighing was ONE clif bar....what happened
if that's true then that's the highest weight i've ever been in my life!! help!! xx

Replies

• lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Is your scale digital with a battery? If so, you need to replace it. If not, you need to replace the scale.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Something is wrong here.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That didn't happen. Reweigh yourself. Sometimes my scale will do that and it's the surface it's on or sometimes I just have to try it a couple of times.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    First stop weighing so much. Second you may need to recalibrate your scale if it is a digital scale. Try to weigh in the same time everyday if you must weigh daily.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Its Def not right change the battery & try again!!
  • getxsleazyy
    getxsleazyy Posts: 20
    Options
    my scale isn't digital, it has no batteries. after it gave me that reading i put a 5-pound weight on it and it came out reading 5 pounds exactly....i don't know what on earth has just happened.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    lets see you ate and you put on clothes....some shoes are very heavy.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    make sure the scale was even, not on carpet etc.
    Make sure it has fresh batteries.
    Weigh yourself more than once the number you get twice is your weight.
  • neverdull
    neverdull Posts: 6
    Options
    I would only use that scale if I LOST 20lbs every few hours. :smile:
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Do you store your scale on it's side? I was having trouble with inconsistent weights on my old scale, bought a new one, and happened to notice that it said in the manual to ALWAYS store it flat. I do so now, and have had no more problems with inconsistent weights. That could be part of the problem. good luck!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I gained 29 lbs on a 1200 calorie diet in 11 weeks,same scale .so upset.
  • getxsleazyy
    Options
    haha well i weighed first wearing a long sleeve shirt and yoga pants but then i took it off and was wearing only a cami and underwear....
  • getxsleazyy
    Options
    oh i figured it out!! haha the problem was that my scale was on carpet. god i just had like 6 heart attacks.
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    weigh first thing in the morning...naked :) and only 1x/day (at MOST) 1x/week is better!! :) sounds lik eyou might need a new scale though.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Go buy a new scale. There is no way you gained 20 lbs in a few hours. :heart:
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    glad you figured it out.....stupid carpet.
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do you store your scale on it's side? I was having trouble with inconsistent weights on my old scale, bought a new one, and happened to notice that it said in the manual to ALWAYS store it flat. I do so now, and have had no more problems with inconsistent weights. That could be part of the problem. good luck!

wow that's interesting to know... I always store mine on their side, guess need to change that..
    I usually use my Wii to weigh though my husband uses the regular scales..
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    Huh.... I always store mine standing up against the wall.... small bathroom. Good to know thats not good. Thanks!
  • Georgette430
    Options
    Sometimes your weight may vary when you weigh yourself in the same day or day to day basis. You have to give it a few days in between before you weigh yourself again. When I first purchased my scale there was a caution tag on it that said just that. So dont be so bummed out about it because there is no way that you could have gained 20 pounds in one day even if you tried.
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just because it properly calculated the 5 lb weight doesn't mean it is still accurate over 100lbs. As it gets closer to 100lbs and over those slight discrepencies on the scale become larger discrepencies that you wouldn't notice at 5lbs. Good luck.