OMG Ya'll, The Holidays are Approachin'

Options
Can you believe it?
Halloween, Turkey Day and Christmas??

And of course, our MFP's accross the country, their special hilodays too.......

I have already started to plan recipes from the fit tv web site and all, but my family, well, their idea of health is just not having seconds.....

My sister, I love dearly, thinks that if you make it sugar free, it's ok to indulge....
My mom thinks, the more on your plate the better, that way you don't have to take seconds.
My sister in laws, they have no weight issues, they are sixe 6-10's, but they partake of a lot of sugar and soda.

My hubby and son support me, but geez, why can't everyone else???

I gave my side of the fmily the menu when they come over for thanksgiving and what it is made out of. Nothing strange, just healthier versions.

Know what my sister actually said? Well, I guess I can make my version and bring it. I flat out said no, that was rude and she could just stay at home if she wants to be stubborn.

She is obese, bigger then me and her hubby has diabeties as well and he has lost 50 lbs now with healthy eating. But she just doesn't understand!!!

My nephew is obese for his age as well. He is 12 and weighs 230. More then me and I am 37.

He piles his plate with nothing but starch and picks at the veggies.

How do I explain this to them??? With out hurting their feelings??

I know, most of us on here have the same dealings......

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Can you believe it?
    Halloween, Turkey Day and Christmas??

And of course, our MFP's accross the country, their special hilodays too.......

I have already started to plan recipes from the fit tv web site and all, but my family, well, their idea of health is just not having seconds.....

My sister, I love dearly, thinks that if you make it sugar free, it's ok to indulge....
    My mom thinks, the more on your plate the better, that way you don't have to take seconds.
    My sister in laws, they have no weight issues, they are sixe 6-10's, but they partake of a lot of sugar and soda.

My hubby and son support me, but geez, why can't everyone else???

I gave my side of the fmily the menu when they come over for thanksgiving and what it is made out of. Nothing strange, just healthier versions.

Know what my sister actually said? Well, I guess I can make my version and bring it. I flat out said no, that was rude and she could just stay at home if she wants to be stubborn.

She is obese, bigger then me and her hubby has diabeties as well and he has lost 50 lbs now with healthy eating. But she just doesn't understand!!!

My nephew is obese for his age as well. He is 12 and weighs 230. More then me and I am 37.

He piles his plate with nothing but starch and picks at the veggies.

How do I explain this to them??? With out hurting their feelings??

I know, most of us on here have the same dealings......
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Stop that talk! I am NOT ready for summer to be over! Not yet. NO. La La La La I'm not listening. I refuese to face winter again! *going to my happy place*
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Stop that talk! I am NOT ready for summer to be over! Not yet. NO. La La La La I'm not listening. I refuese to face winter again! *going to my happy place*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's still summer down here in hurricaneville Houston!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I love fall ans spring. But in Tennessee we get the, "indian summer". Hot and sticky in the day, cool at night.
    And Spring?? We get rain!!!!!

Can't it be normal??

But yes, the holidays are approaching and I love it.......
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i sure love the holidays, but I live in MInnesota, and its ALREADY cold!!!!! yep our summer lasts about 7 weeks!

burrrrrrrr
    (nice cuddling weather though) :tongue: :blushing: