Sore Legs

Options
samvanz
samvanz Posts: 122 Member
hey guys, I have sore legs in a muscle that's never been sore before and I'm having trouble figuring out if they're just workout-sore, or doing-damage sore... It's that muscle that runs up your lower leg, not the shin but no the calf. Any tips?

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a muscle in the lower leg that's not part of the calves...
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem (or sounds like it) that just started recently. I'm pretty sure it's not shin splints because it's more on the side of my lower leg.
  • samvanz
    Options
    Yep, Jami, that's where it is for me too... It doesn't feel like I've done any damage, I don't think, but it's pretty sore...
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem.... I just make sure to try to stretch really well; it's muscle soreness and tightness for me. I have been increasing my running, so I know that that's what it's from.... I am going to increase my yoga and pilates to help stretch my muscles and make sure I build muscle to support my running and cardio increase :)
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've been walking/jogging a few times a week for the last few weeks but never had the pain. Now that I started my second round of 30 Day Shred is when my pain has started. I didn't have the pain the first time I did 30 Day Shred and I didn't have it while walking. I'm not sure what has changed.....
  • samvanz
    Options
    Jami, I'm on day 4 of 30DS too, so maybe it's something particular to the exercises it involves. Pity nobody's provided any answers on this one :(