How can i better gauge my calories burned?

Options
I don't go to a gym and work out but my job requires quite a bit of physicallity(sp) on my feet most of the day walking everywhere, carrying 70 lb ladders and climbing them, crawling through attics and squatting to standing alot. rarely does a day go by when I am not soaking wet from sweat. I live in Florida so its beyond Hot.

Replies

• webbed1
    webbed1 Posts: 86
    Options
    Buy a good pedometer. One that picks up heart rate.
  • DrewD2011
    DrewD2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For getting very accurate measurements of calories burned, Polar has a really great line of HR monitoring watches. They were the first, they are the leaders and the have the most variety of watches. I am one of their ambassadors and I have had great personal results.

For someone new to HR monitoring, the FT 4 and FT7 are great choices for counting calories and they FT7 will upload all of your data online (with the optional flow link). If you would like to add GPS, Strength Training and a visual HR monitor ticker, the FT80 is a great choice. I have been using these for the past 18 months and they are a key to my success.

See this link:

http://www.polar.fi/en/polar_community/polar_people/Andrew

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

- Drew
  • webbed1
    webbed1 Posts: 86
    Options
    Drew,

Thanks for the heads up on the FT80! Pricey so I will have to see if there is a version that still has a good heart rate but a compromise on price. Thing is though, I am a BB/weight trainer so I might just end up with the FT 80
  • lam072
    lam072 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use the FT40 which is more economical and has the download feature. I really like the HRM and use it for a lot of different activities. You can often find coupon codes online for Polar products.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by the download feature?