Appetite out of whack

whateverfloats
whateverfloats Posts: 22
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice on how to get my appetite and blood sugar under control.

I got down to 128 lbs a year ago by reducing my kcals to 1350 and, while I was occasionally hungry, I felt energetic and happy. I was easily maintaining until I started a job at a bakery. Being inundated with delicious wonderful smells all day makes me crave sweet things and the food is all readily available. In fact, they've been throwing out scones, muffins, tarts, cake slices, cookies, etc unless we take them home. I hate to see good food go to waste and when your pantry is full of cookies it's very hard not to over-indulge. I let things slide and am determined to stop eating anything from the bakery. We've also finally implemented a food bank program so I don't have to worry about quite so many things being tossed.

I gained 10 lbs in 2 months and realised I have to start thinking about what I eat again. Yet it's proving hard to get my appetite back to normal. I just don't know how much to eat anymore. I set my account to 'lightly active' and, in order to lose 1lb a week it says I should consume a net of 1420 kcal. However, even when I have a 300 kcal breakfast, a 250 kcal lunch, and a small snack, I'm still feeling exhausted, ornery, and weak by the time I start my walk home. And when I get home I just want to scarf down some dinner and go to bed.

Should I increase my calories or perhaps just eat different foods? Should I try to snack as much as possible while I'm at work or have one big lunch? Has anyone experienced similar?

Replies

• It can either go to waste in the bin, or it can go to waste on your waist.. that's your choice. :)
  • And I was eating 1200 calories, realized it was nowhere near enough for me and upped it to between 1300-1400. I'd rather slowly but surely lose the weight, than starve and lose the weight fast.

If you're still feeling exhausted, I would go see your GP and ask to get blood tests to check out things like your thyroid.
This discussion has been closed.