Protein before bed????

Options
I just did the 30DS and wanted to have a small protein smoothie. I was going to take about a half serving only. Would this be a bad idea so close to when I should be getting to sleep??

Replies

• CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If I eat anything before bed, it's a small amount of protein like that.... I wouldn't worry too much about it.. Just know if your shake has dairy in it, you might have some weird dreams LOL
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is the perfect before bedtime snack
  • Forensi
    Forensi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you're going to have anything before bed. High protein/Low Carb is the best thing to have because it's less likely to be stored as fat. Just something I've read about and discovered from experience.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! At least you are not eating a thick steak before bed. I would drink it before you take a shower and then you have some time before you go to bed. Also add some water on the side.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    When does your body recover??? at bed time, when should the nutrients be available??? at night time. That's a big stupid myth not to eat before bed. Yes eating too much can make it hard to sleep not denying that. So don't over due it.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    When does your body recover??? at bed time, when should the nutrients be available??? at night time. That's a big stupid myth not to eat before bed. Yes eating too much can make it hard to sleep not denying that. So don't over due it.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Protein before bed? You bet your sweet boots you should have it but try to get it in before 8 p.m. That way, you don't wake up so hungry in the morning and it's had a chance to start digesting before you go to sleep. Everything is processed through the liver and protein takes the longest to digest and metabolize.
    :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    As long as you have the calories to spare, go for it. If I'm hungry before bed, I try to choose something high in protein, and it never seems to hurt my weight loss the next day.
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody on the quick responses!!! I thought I had heard protein is ok. I usually don't work out this late either but my day got away from me.... determined not to miss a day though! :happy: