No Weight But Inches!

Options
Just a little success and motivation for all of us whose scales refuse to move.

My weight remains the same as it was 25 days ago but I knew my clothes were fitting more loosely. Just measured and I've lost .25 inch on my neck (!?), 1/2 inch on my waist and 2 inches off my thighs. Woot Woot! So while the scale remains the same I am making progress and that's all I needed to keep me moving forward.

(Doing a happy dance).

Replies

• Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    :bigsmile: Way to Go Girl!!!
  • radio_flyer
    radio_flyer Posts: 85
    Options
    yipee
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well done, there is so much to be said for tracking inches!
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good job! I know what you mean about still having success with losing inches even when the scale isn't moving it's a good feeling!
  • KaironAndTaviansMommy
    KaironAndTaviansMommy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When your measuring your neck, waist and thigh, where are you supposed to put the measuring tape?!?! I wanna know because Im having a little bit of a struggle losing weight but I feel like things are different in clothes. If you could just message me back I would appreciate it.

GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the work, I know how it can be discouraging seeing the scale not move, but just keep remembering that you are losing! That is what truly matters!

Bree
  • Mastray
    Mastray Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats!

I made sure as well when starting this drastic change in my life that only tracking my weight would lead me to fail. So this time around I track weight, inches and body fat %. It's so wonderful to also see a change in one of the stats if not all 3!

Keep up the hard work! :happy:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    wish i had dont measurements when i started, my scale has not moved, but clothes have, infact some now move arount on their own when i walk
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Thats great!! Its the same for me... I just recently started measuring and have also lost inches. WTG!!
  • pdxwarrior
    pdxwarrior Posts: 16
    Options
    I've seen a few different diagrams of 'where to measure'. When I measure I do the following:

Neck: pretty much center and try not to get the adam's apple in the way too much.
    Waist: Tape should go directly over your belly button, tape should be level going around your midsection. Don't suck in and don't push it out, just relaxed.
    Thighs: I do the upper part of my thighs. I've seen this referenced and I've seen it referenced to measure midway between knee and hip joint. I figure my thighs are thicker towards the top, so I measure there.

The important thing to consider is that you always measure in the same place! Also, measure at the same time of the day! You're body will change throughout the day and it will make a difference if you change the timing. I measure every Monday morning, before breakfast, showering or working out!

Another thing, if you do any body caliper measurements, be sure to use the same calipers the same way each and every time :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!