Oh nuts!

Options
Someone recommended I eat nuts to help keep that full feeling. What do you eat? I don't want to kill my calories either.

Replies

• DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    cheeseeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    string cheese...I love cheese...almonds...peanut butter...

protein powder in oatmeal....
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Noooooo Cheeeeeeese!!!!!! Almonds, pecans, natural peanut butter!!
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Peanut butter is high in calories isn't it? Just wondering cuz I wanted some the other day, but when I saw the serving size and calories I found something else....
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Raw almonds.
    They're fairly high in calories, but to be honest I don't believe that they should be.

As far as I know, they calculate calorie content by "burning" a sample of the food completely.
    However I know for a fact (I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out how :smile:) that a lot of the nuts pass through my system "unprocessed".
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds ( 12-14) is good and not really high in fat.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I eat slices of turkey. Yummm.
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Peanut butter is high in calories isn't it? Just wondering cuz I wanted some the other day, but when I saw the serving size and calories I found something else....

Yes but that's per tablespoon. Honestly on an average PB&J I realistically only use about a teaspoon.
  • dhammond5
    dhammond5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love baby bell cheese and kudos bars. Try lite ritz crakers too. It took awhile, but my eating habits have changed and it takes less to fill me up, so just try and hang in there while you are waiting for it to happen.
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    I found an article on livestrong.com. Thanks guys.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Nuts and nut butters get a bad rep because of the calories and fat, but it's a good kind of fat, especially from the more natural butters or just the nuts themselves. And they do fill you up and give you energy. My personal favorite is pecans, but walnuts and almonds are also very good. And you only need a small handful, either on a salad, in a snack mix, or just by themselves to satisfy you for a couple hours :)
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Do yourself a favor and google PB2 - Order some - it's worth it!
  • cleanza
    cleanza Posts: 10
    Options
    I have found that two tablespoons of chopped nuts or one tablespoon of natural peanut butter is great! Those are each about 100 calories, give or take. It is the one big change I have made this time for weight loss and it makes a huge difference in keeping you full. I put 2 T of walnuts on yogurt or 2 T of almonds in a small cup of fat free pudding. I put 1 T of peanut butter on two lowfat frozen waffles or on a slice of bread for an open face sandwich.

I would be interested if others have good suggestions for nuts at breakfast. I eat yogurt and nuts or peanut butter and waffles almost evey day and I am looking for some variety.

thanks!