Nintendo Wii

Options
Does anyone use the Nintendo Wii (sports/fitness) for weight loss?
What do you think of it?

Replies

• bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure which game you're referring to, but I just started using the DanceDance revolution and I love it! It's not so much a strength or pinpointed exercise, but an overall cardio. It's fun, and my plan is to start incorporating other more traditional exercises when I can.
  • searbear1980
    searbear1980 Posts: 110
    Options
    I use wii sports when I can't get any other work out in like tonight. I enjoy the boxing it really makes you feel like you are working out if you go at it full force.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do! I do!

I used Wii Fit at first, and have since moved over to the EA Sports Active 2... and literally, other than controlling my portion sizes and eating properly, that is ALL I have been doing! I have put it on the 9 week program on Medium, and get my butt kicked every workout, but I LOVE IT!

In the (just over) 5 months I've been working at this, I've lost a fair bit and have been keeping it off... so I'm super pumped about it!
  • monkeydoodle
    monkeydoodle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We use the Wii Fit and love it! I recently got the "Biggest Loser" game for the Wii and it is awesome!
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thank you ..... I'm thinking of incorporating it into my daily schedule, especially when I'm unable to get a workout session in. Wanted feedback before purchasing it.
  • jgundo
    jgundo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Man I Use the heck out of Wii Fit plus... Me And The Wife.... big fun and a verry good burn plus it adds your cal burn and tracks your weight so that you can add it on hear latter... We love it.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I find Wii boxing to make me sweat a lot. I make the most of it by jogging in place whenever the countdown is going off or the screen is loading. I also make sure I'm really swaying my body left and right instead of just using my hands to move the Wii remote.
  • gwiz0419
    gwiz0419 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use Jenny McCarthy's Your Shape and I *LOVE IT*!
    It's nice not only because of the workouts, but also because it calculates your calories burned! Awesome!
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Great to hear all of the positive feedback on the Wii .... Sounds like everyone is loving it and it's benefits.
    What games would you suggest? ....... Ones that are fun and provide continuous motivation!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi i also use the wii for exercising. At the moment i am doing the nine week challenge of ea sports actvie 2. It is a great work out. I also have your shape. I also love this one. If you want a game thats fun and exercise i can suggest wii fit plus, boxing, michael jackson the experience.
    Hope that helps.
    Barbara
  • dustflyin
    dustflyin Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom so I bought a wii just for exercise purposes. I have the EA sports active 2 and am just finishing the 3 week cardio kickstart on medium and it's deff giving me a good workout and it mixes things up so you don't get bored. I also have zumba and just dance 2 for fun cardio stuff. The EA sports comes with a heart rate monitor and shows how many calories you burn, and it's circuit training so you lose weight and tone up! I live it and have been motivated to keep going! Im one day behind on workouts so instead of taking a rest day today I'll be working out but it's deff keeping me honest!
  • cuddlyx10
    cuddlyx10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love using my Wii with Zumba, it is a great workout.
  • wicklessgal
    wicklessgal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Fit Plus, Wii Active and am going to start using Wii sports! I love it and it is more activity than I have ever done. Another good thing is that it is working!
  • melinda0878
    melinda0878 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 and we love the wii. My fav. game is just dance 2. I put it in and me and the kids dance together in the living room. I have so much fun i don't even feel as if im working out.