My body MUST match my aura

Options
Hi everyone - I've finally come to the realization that I can't be a social butterfly and keep my weightloss effort my priority. I'm not equipped to keep them both priorities. I have to choose. And so, I've chosen weightloss over social butterfly-ism. That's the only way I can stay committed to going to the gym and not be tempted to have 3 margaritas at happy hour. :drinker: I just have to say no and stick to my appointments with myself at the gym/track.

My profile tells my whole weight gain story - but basically - sluggish thryoid led to me plus 70 pounds in a short period of time and I've been that way ever since - even after figuring out the trigger to the sluggish thyroid. Now I have to do the work to get back to my "normal" size. I'm not so much interested in my weight as I am in my body fat %. My goal is to get back to between 22-25% body fat. I miss my four-pack abs :sad:

So anyway - hello to everyone and I look forward to learning tips and staying sane through this journey....

Lynn

Replies

• LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    Hi everyone - I've finally come to the realization that I can't be a social butterfly and keep my weightloss effort my priority. I'm not equipped to keep them both priorities. I have to choose. And so, I've chosen weightloss over social butterfly-ism. That's the only way I can stay committed to going to the gym and not be tempted to have 3 margaritas at happy hour. :drinker: I just have to say no and stick to my appointments with myself at the gym/track.

My profile tells my whole weight gain story - but basically - sluggish thryoid led to me plus 70 pounds in a short period of time and I've been that way ever since - even after figuring out the trigger to the sluggish thyroid. Now I have to do the work to get back to my "normal" size. I'm not so much interested in my weight as I am in my body fat %. My goal is to get back to between 22-25% body fat. I miss my four-pack abs :sad:

So anyway - hello to everyone and I look forward to learning tips and staying sane through this journey....

Lynn
  • tilly6277
    Options
    I find myself going that extra mile so that I can visit with my beloved.:heart: His name in Morgan.:heart: Captain Morgan. :heart: :drinker:
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    ah yes... I know all about your beloved. My beloved goes by Patron. I find the singular names gives him an air of mystery :bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hokay...I have to giggle...Welcome first off!!! YEY YOU FOR JOINING MFP! And second, step away from the bong... LOL You can do it! :drinker:
  • tilly6277
    Options
    step away from the bong... LOL You can do it! :drinker:

ROFLMAO!!:laugh:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I find myself going that extra mile so that I can visit with my beloved.:heart: His name in Morgan.:heart: Captain Morgan. :heart: :drinker:

You and me both sweetie! :drinker: :drinker: Cheers!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Captiain with a diet coke is very low cal...That is what I have to tell myself to make it through. I have to have my beer/wine/captain or I would go crazy. :explode: I already gave up crappy food and cigarettes...sheesh, I gotta have something.
    But I agree, you gotta keep those gym dates. Lifting your hand to your face doesn't really count as cardio.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Captiain with a diet coke is very low cal...That is what I have to tell myself to make it through. I have to have my beer/wine/captain or I would go crazy. :explode: I already gave up crappy food and cigarettes...sheesh, I gotta have something.
    But I agree, you gotta keep those gym dates. Lifting your hand to your face doesn't really count as cardio.

low cal? not the way I make 'um! :laugh:

But yes, I gave up smoking forever ago. I don't even have that cigar anymore. And, darnit, I'm married. lol
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    lol @ BONG..... It's one of those hurricanes by the yard in vegas... with an extra shot of course!!!! Ah... Vegas lol

As long as I limit my attendance at Happy Hour functions, I can stay away from too much alcohol. Week one and I already failed!!!! Monday night football got me!!! lol See what I mean about letting my social calendar be a higher priority than losing weight. It stops HERE!!!!