Do you log fruits?

Options
Who does or does not log fruits on MFP and why? Seems to have worked for plenty of people that do not log fruits and veggies... Worked for Sara Rue & Jennifer Hudson. This seems to be a new crave since "no one ever go fat off eating too many fruits and veggies." is the quote they are going by...

(P.S. I log mine! LOL)

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I log them both. They have calories, so I count them! :smile:
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You should be logging pretty much everything that you put in your mouth.

Fruit still has calories even though they are good for you, they still count.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I log all fruits and vegetables, and everything else. I want to know my total calorie intake since even vegetables can add up. Fruit can be quite high in sugar and calories, but is packed with good nutrients too. So I eat it, but log it. :smile:
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you log them? They have calories. Just because they're healthy doesn't change that. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie...
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I log them both. They have calories, so I count them! :smile:

mee too!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Of course I do. However I do not worry so much if I go over my sugar because of fruit. I do if it is because of refined sugars. You log all food and all exercise for it to work.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Of course I do. However I do not worry so much if I go over my sugar because of fruit. I do if it is because of refined sugars. You log all food and all exercise for it to work.

Much agreed. I log all my fruits and veggies. . . .They are calories, but don't worry if I am over on my sugars. It's natural!:bigsmile:
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I just wish fruits weren't so expensive.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Fruit is food, right? If it's food or drink, I'm logging it! :flowerforyou:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yep I log them too, I don't really understand why you wouldn't.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options

seeeerrious!!!

i always get sad at the market :(

oh yeah and i log everything i ingest.
  • chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hi yes you log everything including tea ,coffee,butters ,sauces etc because it all makes up your calories in a day ,even if you think its to small to log ,log it thats best way of being right with your calories.
    hope this helps :smile:
  • Emmy_Ann
    Emmy_Ann Posts: 60
    Options
    Who does or does not log fruits on MFP and why? Seems to have worked for plenty of people that do not log fruits and veggies... Worked for Sara Rue & Jennifer Hudson. This seems to be a new crave since "no one ever go fat off eating too many fruits and veggies." is the quote they are going by...

(P.S. I log mine! LOL)

I log all of mine.. but the reason why is because they're representing the weight watchers program.. And from what I know Weight Watchers considers fruits/veggies "free" food so you didn't have to count them as points.. But I'm with the rest.. I count everything.. I like to know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.. healthy or not..
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options

seeeerrious!!!

i always get sad at the market :(

oh yeah and i log everything i ingest.

Yea, like 40cents a banana and$ 1 a apple, I eat half apples so they last 2days. I don't get much else, love oranges but they don't fill me like half an apple or banana does so I don't get them often...grapes aren't too spendy...if u live n a area like I do with blueberry bushes, apple trees, blackberries, pears, u can just go pick some and store them n the freezer--and they're free...I love my sisters house n san fran area, she has an orange, lemon, and pomegranite tree right outside her front door, and a fig tree and grapes etc too... we grow strawberries and stuff, or try too, but with the chickens and deer, the animals benefit more than we do lol.

As far as logging them or not...I do! Id be way over cal some days if I didn't! Def not free calories to me...although there r some foods that ur body takes more calories to process than the food is actually worth and im sure there's a big list of these zero calorie foods, but I don't believe it...steak is one of them, ur body spends so many calories breaking it down that by the time its outta ur body u didn't have to count it as calories...but I bet u not that if I ate alot of steak id gain weight
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options

(P.S. I log mine! LOL)

I log all of mine.. but the reason why is because they're representing the weight watchers program.. And from what I know Weight Watchers considers fruits/veggies "free" food so you didn't have to count them as points.. But I'm with the rest.. I count everything.. I like to know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth.. healthy or not..

Seriously I've almost come to blows with my sister over this, and I'll come back by telling her EXACTLY how many calories those carrots have. Those "points" people are just speaking gibberish to me!
  • Jaynequ
    Jaynequ Posts: 39
    Options
    I did the WW thing with not logging F and V and gained 3.5lbs in 3 months, and I was sticking to it like glue. I cancelled my membership and joined this site, and log everything, especially F and V!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I did the WW thing with not logging F and V and gained 3.5lbs in 3 months, and I was sticking to it like glue. I cancelled my membership and joined this site, and log everything, especially F and V!

Same, although I just didn't lose anything after my first week. On the old plan however, where fruits had points, I did lose. After a month on the new plan I quit and never looked back! YAY MFP!
  • retromomof2
    retromomof2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What is that saying, "Fruit is natures dessert" I log everything and anything that goes in my mouth. While I have to say that I have not really counted any pplus since switching to this type of tracking, Jennifer Hudson was on a different plan. Her plan was set up that. Not so sure this one is ( new to MFP tracking myself) It might work for now but as you get closer to goal maybe it won't.