Sugar?!

Options
hunny73
hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
I keep going over my Sugar Goal because i'm eating Fruit. Will this hinder my weight loss?

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Opinions vary and include the view that unrefined (ie from fruits etc) is fine, just dont go over on refined (processed) sugar, or that you should try and stay under or close too no matter what the sugar, or that sugar is ok depending on when it's eaten (early in the day or pre-activity).

Personally, I find it very very difficult to get under my sugar amount. Today I've had a bowl of fruit and fibre cereal, and an apple, and I'm over. Not even had lunch yet! My husband is doing his best to stay under, and avoiding yoghurt, dried fruit, and most fruits, and eating a lot of vegetables and nuts instead. He swears his weight has dropped faster as a result.

I'm certainly working towards trying to lower my sugar. Only thing is, my yoghurts were a major source of my calcium....
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    I think it should be fine, really.. I try to keep my fruit intake on the lower side though, like 2-3 pieces a day, or less. I've also cut out bananas because of the high sugar content. :)
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips! I suppose i'll have to try and eat more veg then (argh!!)