To all new MFPers.....

fitnessjch
fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
......I thought I'd share my experience.

I have only been on here since February, but I want to say to you: DON'T GIVE UP!

I nearly did on the 3rd week after 3 weeks of going to the gym 4 times a week (something I hadnt done before) and eating 1200 calories (plus my exercise calories) I hadnt lost a single lb. I had, however, lost 4 inches, but I was getting really down about it.

Roll forward to now, I have lost 17lbs! I SO nearly gave up! Suffice to say, I'm so glad I didnt give up!

My advice to you is to keep going! :smile:

Replies

• WTG!!
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Keep pushing! It might not be easy, but it will be worth it!!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Awesome! Stay the course...nothing worth having is ever in the short term
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Thanks doll! I really needed this today! Having a down day!
  • issabishie
    issabishie Posts: 28
    Well done, keep it up!
    Sometimes its hard but you just have to remember that muscle weighs heavier than fat and the loss of inches is probably a more accurate indicator than the loss of pounds! (well thats what I keep telling myself anyways lol)
    :)
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Well said. For most of us it took time to put the weight on and so expect it to take time to take it off. Try not to focus on the scale, although it is nice to see if move downward, rather focus on how you feel, and how your clothes fit. Losing weight is a lifestyle change, it does take time to grow accustomed to it. Be patient!

Muscle and fat weigh the say amount, muscle is more dense thus takes up less space.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Great postim having one of those 'doubtful' days, 5th week of a 12 week challenge, I am seeing results but of course we all want it yesterday! Well done for persevering and motivating me
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    You GO GIRL!!!!!!
  • martazdz
    martazdz Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks for motivating us! I'm on my second week now and the scales havent moved yet but I will keep pushing :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Thank you so much! I've been on here for 6 weeks and lost only 4 lbs., but I've lost some inches as well, so I'll just keep plugging along! :smile:
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Thank you for the reminder...I've been getting less and less motivated for this weight loss process lately, and the past two days my weight has fluctuated up by over 2 pounds (I know it must be water, but it's still not encouraging). I really needed that reminder this morning :smile:
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Thanks doll! I really needed this today! Having a down day!

Me too!! Gave my walk a miss this morning as I felt a bit cold/achy but now I feel really fat and fed up!
This discussion has been closed.