Love a few friends for the journey

pnieuw
pnieuw Posts: 473
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hello

Like all of us, I'm here to help in my goal of slimming down, eating healthy and exercising a bit more. My wife began running again two years ago, and lost 40 pounds, and looks fantastic! Now it's my turn to catch up!

Back in 1991, when we got married, I weighed 185 and my wife 138. We both gained about 40 lbs, and she's lost all of it! I would like to get back to 190 (I'm 6' 5"), which is a comfortable weight for me.

I started tracking my food about a month ago, and am taking the slow and steady approach as a change in my lifestyle and eating habits, and not a crash. I eat about 2,000 calories a day, which should have me dropping about a pound per week. So far, so good. I'm down to 219!

Love to have a few like-minded friends for this journey, and I'm on every day, logging my food, so I'd welcome the company!

I work in Toronto, which is a great city, filled with restaurants and yummy food from every corner of the planet. So many choices...

Cheers!

p

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Hello and welcome! Good luck to you!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Friend request sent.
  • issabishie
    issabishie Posts: 28
    Hi
    Like you I'm trying to take the slow and steady weight loss route, not least because my skin no longer has the elasticity of youth and I don't want to end up looking like I'm wrapped in a wrinkled bedsheet lol
    Am averaging about 3lb a week, although mfp has be targeted for 2lb a week.
    Keep up the good work and feel free to add me as a friend
    :)
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Hello fellow Canadian! Welcome to the site, lot of great resources and support.
    Friend request sent!
This discussion has been closed.