Help!

Options
Psyb3r
Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
Hi! So in the last week and a half I've upped my exercise to 4 days of cardio and 2 days of weight training. I eat healthy meals and have been trying to cut back on my sodium intake. I've also upped my water intake to around 9-10 glasses per day. That being said, I haven't been over 1200 calories net any day. I'm afraid I'm eating too few calories. I get hungry and I eat, I have tons of energy now, and I don't feel like I'm "hungry" all the time, but when I am hungry I do eat. It's just it will get to 9pm and I'll still have 4-500 calories I "need" to eat, and I'm not hungry. I've tried protien shakes, and I don't mind them. They're kinda expensive though, and I eat plenty of protien during the day. Since I've started the new exercise and stuff I've lost 3lbs... Do I make myself eat the rest of the calories or will I be find as long as I'm not hungry?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You might see some initial weight loss but it will stall and then the scale will not move unless you up your calories. Incorporate calorie dense items into your day, olive oil and flax oil, natural peanut butter, unsalted nuts, avacado (to name a few).

Don't eat at least 2 1/2 hours before bed and try to adopt the following:
    eat breakfast like a king
    lunch like a prince
    and dinner like a pauper

Good luck
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    You should try to eat more as you are exercising more- your body needs the fuel! Well done on your weight loss but it won't continue unless you eat enough. i have a banana and some seeds or nuts before running and try to eat within an hour of getting back -while my metabolism is still running high.
    Keep up the good work
  • abirdy
    abirdy Posts: 36
    Options
    I am not sure but you should try to eat your calories during the day and not at night before bed. I do try to stay just under the 1200 calories myself but some days are just a little highter. Keep up the good work. Continue to eat healthy and do your cardio exercise. Great job...
  • abirdy
    abirdy Posts: 36
    Options
    I am not sure but you should try to eat your calories during the day and not at night before bed. I do try to stay just under the 1200 calories myself but some days are just a little highter. Keep up the good work. Continue to eat healthy and do your cardio exercise. Great job...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eating when you are not hungry seems silly. As long as you are eating healthy and you are not hungry why stress about it. Your body knows what it needs.
  • LittleBlueCat
    LittleBlueCat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "Don't eat at least 2 1/2 hours before bed and try to adopt the following:
    lunch like a prince
    and dinner like a pauper "

where's the 'like' button? :smile:
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You might see some initial weight loss but it will stall and then the scale will not move unless you up your calories. Incorporate calorie dense items into your day, olive oil and flax oil, natural peanut butter, unsalted nuts, avacado (to name a few).

Don't eat at least 2 1/2 hours before bed and try to adopt the following:
    lunch like a prince
    and dinner like a pauper

Good luck

Great way to look at it! Adopting right now....Thank you!