One day at a time

Options
Time brings about a change. Today I feel sooooo much better about myself. I guess I was having a pity party-reservation for one:tongue: . I walked five miles yesterday, no four and hope to do five miles again today. :laugh: One only gets out of life what one puts into it. Me, well I plan to have my cup to overflow. I even treated myself and purchased the Special 30th Anniversay Edition of 'School House Rock'. I can dance to the tunes and educate myself at the same time. :tongue:

I went to bed earlier last night and that help. I don't get the connection with lack of sleep and weight gain. I don't eat late at night, so how can I gain weight due to the lack of sleep. Please explain.

Thanks again to all my fellow journey members. We will get through this, one day at a time.

Replies

• juanitablackshe
    Options
    Time brings about a change. Today I feel sooooo much better about myself. I guess I was having a pity party-reservation for one:tongue: . I walked five miles yesterday, no four and hope to do five miles again today. :laugh: One only gets out of life what one puts into it. Me, well I plan to have my cup to overflow. I even treated myself and purchased the Special 30th Anniversay Edition of 'School House Rock'. I can dance to the tunes and educate myself at the same time. :tongue:

I went to bed earlier last night and that help. I don't get the connection with lack of sleep and weight gain. I don't eat late at night, so how can I gain weight due to the lack of sleep. Please explain.

Thanks again to all my fellow journey members. We will get through this, one day at a time.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And welcome to the happy place :flowerforyou:

hehe...

As for the lack of sleep=weight gain.....This is my memory of it. Whe you don't get enough sleep for your body and your life (not every one needs 8 hours and for some, 8 isn't enough!!) you tend to eat more for "energy" that you would have had you gotten enough sleep. It doesn't so much have to do with what time you stop eating before bed (as I believe SoupNazi once said "If eating late at night made you fat, we could fatten up the Ethiopians" or somewhere along those lines....) it has to do with you trying to get your body to respond. I know that if I stay up past 9pm and get up at 5 or 6 am, I eat more the next day than when I go to bed at a decent time and sleep well.

:flowerforyou:
    Hope that explains it to ya!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YEY to bring yourself back to being positive!

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
    How do you change your health? One bite at a time!
  • juanitablackshe
    Options
    I try to not eat past 8:00 p.m. If I do it is usally fruit.