30 Day Shred question

Options
SUSANB37
SUSANB37 Posts: 61 Member
I have been doing 30DS for 5 days. I am still modifying some of the stuff (ex I can't do butt kicks quite yet so I am doing a fast walk in place during that portion. I also can't do the bicycle crunches at the very end so I do other crunches). Does anyone else modify some of the moves for them? Also, should I stay with level 1 until I can do the full version of each exercise or do I move on to level 2 at the end of my 10 days? Thoughts, suggestions?

Replies

• melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i stayed until i felt comfortable to move......here is what i ended up doing

15 days level 1
    30 days level 2
    15 days level 3

total 60 days (2 rounds)
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The first time through I definitely stayed with L1 until I could do all or most of the moves. My modifications were to do as many of the actual moves as possible, and THEN modify them. For instance, I would do as many push-ups on my toes as I could, and then go to knee push-ups, making sure to add a push-up each day. So, I would do as many bicycle crunches or butt kicks as you can and then modify the move.
  • teeveesee
    teeveesee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Yes I have modified the moves to suit me and found that some things got easier towards the end of the 10 day stint and some didnt....push ups!!

So, in my opinion I'd keep going to 10days of L1 and then move on regardless. The moves in L2 are completely different and work different muscles etc. Seems like overall the programme wants to work your whole body over 30 days but does increase in difficulty slightly too....in the later stages working muscles you perhaps don't normally...certainly true for me!!

Good Luck :)
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    When I originally started 30 day shred (a while back) I couldn't do the push-ups, so I would do wall push-ups or "girl" push-ups. Eventually after mastering those I moved on to the manly push-ups! :) I would move on to level 2 after 10 days even if you haven't mastered each move. The point is to start mixing it up. Frankly, I think level 2 is easier than level 1. Also, I used 5 pound weights the whole time...if you start with 2-3....try using 5 by the time you hit the last level! Good luck!!! :)
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i stayed until i felt comfortable to move......here is what i ended up doing

15 days level 1
    30 days level 2
    15 days level 3

total 60 days (2 rounds)

How much weight did you end up losing? I just started yesterday.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I get so mad at myself. I started it a week ago. Im only on day. 4. Things are just so busy at home no time. So next week i will start it again. Im also training for a 5k.