Ladies of MFP..what would be your ideal first date?

Options
2»

Replies

• Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    I'd want something like what my boyfriend did for me on Valentine's Day. Take me out for crepes (or anything sweet and splurgey), then to a kid's amusement park (we are not pedophiles, promise), then walk around until we fall back to his place for horror movies.

If I could find somebody who was into the same music and scene as I was, going to a show together would be adorable. But alas, my boyfriend is classier than I and doesn't particularly like screaming. :cry:
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    Hmm. . alot of good suggestions that would work for me. But ideally I think something fun and adventuresome like white water rafting, a hike in the mountains, rock climbing--- ultimately? skydiving!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Depending on the woman of course..but mine would be a Bears game, Sox game, concert (NOT country) or karoke...my best date was when my husband took me karokeing hahah not for him Im sure but I had a good time :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Depending on the woman of course..but mine would be a Bears game, Sox game, concert (NOT country) or kaorke...my best date was when my husband took me karoking hahah not for him Im sure but I had a good time :)
    a SOX game!!!!! yes indeed! Ive done that and had an awesome time!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Depending on the woman of course..but mine would be a Bears game, Sox game, concert (NOT country) or kaorke...my best date was when my husband took me karoking hahah not for him Im sure but I had a good time :)
    a SOX game!!!!! yes indeed! Ive done that and had an awesome time!

Well there ya go The Crosstown Classic is coming up ...do it!
    Take note if shes a Cub fan it might prove interesting...My husbad in a Cub fan and the whole mixed marriage thing is crazy i tell ya
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    Hmm. . alot of good suggestions that would work for me. But ideally I think something fun and adventuresome like white water rafting, a hike in the mountains, rock climbing--- ultimately? skydiving!
    hnnnnnnnngkhfdgh rock climbing sounds amazing, actually. He'd better hope he doesn't piss me off during the climb, though. :devil:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    hnnnnnnnngkhfdgh rock climbing sounds amazing, actually. He'd better hope he doesn't piss me off during the climb, though. :devil:

HAHAHA Sorry babycakes but I would not take you rock climbing! hahaha
  • StaLee29
    StaLee29 Posts: 11
    Options
    My favorite first date was my last...my future husband took me to get our palms and cards read, and then we walked down the main drag of Edmonton with coffee and just talked. Sat on a bus bench and people watched...it was awesome. He didn't even kiss me goodbye, but I knew I'd see him again, and it just left me wanting more.

Awwww :) love it!
  • StaLee29
    Options
    My thought is, it's more the way a guy makes me feel, vs. what we are actually doing. I could have the "perfect first date" scenario and if a guy doesn't make me feel good or special, then that's it...and the opposite is true as well. It could be something I would never imagine wanting to do, but with the right guy, it could be perfect.
  • StaLee29
    Options
    My thought is, it's more the way a guy makes me feel, vs. what we are actually doing. I could have the "perfect first date" scenario and if a guy doesn't make me feel good or special, then that's it...and the opposite is true as well. It could be something I would never imagine wanting to do, but with the right guy, it could be perfect.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    not a movie.

I think a place you can talk and flirt is your best bet. So, dinner and drinks, preferably somewhere there's music but not music so loud you have to yell to have a conversation.

there's an italian restaurant here that's pretty hip and usually has someone playing music at a quiet-moderate level in the dining area. The music gives it a festive vibe and makes you feel like your conversation is private/intimate, but is not so loud that it demands all the attention.

then, if the date's going well, drinks somewhere where there's louder music so you can dance?

But, really, if the guy is right, it doesn't matter where the first date is. at all.

my husband and I had our first date in a supermarket. for real. it's all I had time for... he said he wanted to see me and I said "I'm going shopping at 7, meet me in the wine aisle if you really want to see me". and he showed up. The "date" lasted less than an hour but ended in the parking lot of the supermarket, talking for 20 minutes as the first few snowflakes of a late-winter storm were swirling around us.

and it was still my best first date. because it was him. when I saw him come around the corner of the wine aisle the rest of the world seemed to melt away, like in a movie. I was instantly buzzing, every molecule in my body being pulled in his direction...
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    But, really, if the guy is right, it doesn't matter where the first date is. at all.

my husband and I had our first date in a supermarket. for real. it's all I had time for... he said he wanted to see me and I said "I'm going shopping at 7, meet me in the wine aisle if you really want to see me". and he showed up. The "date" lasted less than an hour but ended in the parking lot of the supermarket, talking for 20 minutes as the first few snowflakes of a late-winter storm were swirling around us.

and it was still my best first date. because it was him. when I saw him come around the corner of the wine aisle the rest of the world seemed to melt away, like in a movie. I was instantly buzzing, every molecule in my body being pulled in his direction...
    ^^ That. Doesn't matter what you do for a date if you're there with the person that makes you feel even the tiniest spark of that. My best dates have been just walking around talking. I've had some trips, getaways and dates that have not gone at ALL as planned but have been perfect in their own way simply because he was there. :laugh:
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    guess it would depend on the time of day for me, during the day- take a walk on the beach (I live 30 minutes from the ocean & hate to wear shoes, so yea perfect for me :tongue: ) night time date - rent a movie, make some popcorn & just hang out (again no shoes required :tongue: )