food you dont have to chew?!

Options
BeanieB21
BeanieB21 Posts: 31
god i hate braces!!!
got them tightened yesterday and imnow reduced to eating baby food - yogurt, mashed banana, scrambled eggs and soup!! Now dont get me wrong i love those foods but theres only so much of them i can eat!

any suggestions? :)

Replies

• sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes, spinach, jello
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    mashed cauliflower, very streamed veggies, jello... it gets better :/
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Smoothies of all different kinds. The possibilities are endless!!!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    instant oatmeal has the consistency of gruel, so it should be an easy one to handle. Being southern, grits come to my mind, but I know that seems to be a regional food. Love me some grits and cheese! :love:
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I know you said you're sick of soup, but try chilled strawberry soup. It's runnier than a smoothie and really good.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Avocados - they melt in your mouth :)
  • Rosi3
    Rosi3 Posts: 28
    Options
    Banana put some peanut butter on top,
    smooothies because they fill u up add protein,
    :}
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Aspirin.... Soup. Oatmeal. Apple Sauce. Rice maybe? Probably tuna.
    It does get better though that's for sure. Aspirin is the key.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Smoothies of all different kinds. The possibilities are endless!!!

Definitely smoothies and frozen yogurt milk shakes (try using almond milk too, since it's lower calories and sugar than skim milk).
    We just bought some Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk for the first time yesterday and it tastes like a choc peanut btter milk shake...

Good luck and feel better!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was able to eat meatless lasagna when I got mine tightened. And other noodles, b/c there wasn't a lot of pressure needed to chew them. Usually the pain only lasts a couple of days. Advil is nice! :o)
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    When I had braces, I was still able to eat things like pizza, I just cut it into small squares and chewed at the sides of my mouth. You may be different, but my front teeth and biting INTO things was what hurt the most. Something small that could be chewed at the side of my mouth was much easier to deal with. (I just got my braces off in January so I remember this clearly!).

Other things I liked to eat that were easy and pain free - pasta, soft bread with peanut butter, eggs, yogurt/pudding, fruits/veggies, french fries. You could try hamburger patties and hot dogs. Again, I wouldn't recommend using the buns and biting right into them, that will hurt. But cutting them up should be fine.

Also, if you are having pain, they tell you that Advil is okay. So long as you are able to take it, you might benefit. Usually the first day or two after tightening is when my pain was the strongest.

Good luck!