Calories needed- Insanity vs MFP

Options
I just updated my weight and MFP updated my calorie intake to about 1500 calories a day. If I calculate it based on the Insanity requirement, I should be at 2500 calories for weight loss. How do I know which one I should be following? MFP literally cut 1000 calories for each day with this new plan.

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    MFP is personalized to you. Insanity is just a basic formula, right?
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    bump
  • pawlowjp
    pawlowjp Posts: 2
    Options
    MFP isnt calculating in the 600+ calories burned with that workout. Checkout the link below for some great information regarding diet and calories when doing Insanity\P90x

http://teamripped.com/coach-ws-tips/my-nutritionsupplements/my-sample-diet

Jason
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that MFP calculates your calorie needs BEFORE exercise. So when you exercise like the INSANITY program you will add those back in. Just make sure your calorie count for the exercise is accurate.
  • canmancan
    canmancan Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I use a heart rate monitor for calorie count, so that is accurate. The insanity formula is based on your weight, height and age and some other numbers and then you get your daily which for me would be 1985. They then say multiply that by 1.55 for moderate activity, which is Insanity which brings up my daily to be around 3000 calories, then I minus 500 a day for weight loss, which would leave me at 2500 calories.

Even at 1500 with MFP and I add the 500 from Insanity it would still leave me at around 2000, 500 less than the Insanity calculation.