It's not like i'm from the OC, LA, MIAMI, HAWAII
    im from .......chatham.

this place doesn't exist to half the world, and it probably shouldn't LOL

Chatham is just down the road a bit....LOL

It's a beauty isn't it? lol
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I have posted mine and do appreciate the opportunity to converse and possibly meet people in my area. I don't really fit the normal profile of a victim, though.

I do understand that there are some knuckleheads out there and I probably wouldn't want my wife or daughters puttting too much info out there, however.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Because the internet can be a scary place. Everyone here SEEMS cool, but that doesn't mean everyone that looks at this site is posting on here. I have kids, and for me it's better safe than sorry. That said, if someone chats with me and it comes up in conversation then I don't have too much of a problem telling them. I just don't want it out there for the entire world to see.

Sheesh if you only knew that I am up in the tree looking into your window at home laptop and binoculars in hand.....PAUSE....

honey, i love you but you are a creep. lol
    Took the words right outta my mouth lol

No sense of humor.....I have like 14 people before you on my list to go stalk. Don't get your hopes up!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't post my location because I have no desire to have local meetups, and I have no desire to advertise to the world where I live. It's not important to me, and I don't want people sending me friend requests just because I happen to live near them.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Cool. If you are there this Saturday, reach over and give me a bottle of water..lol.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Because the internet can be a scary place. Everyone here SEEMS cool, but that doesn't mean everyone that looks at this site is posting on here. I have kids, and for me it's better safe than sorry. That said, if someone chats with me and it comes up in conversation then I don't have too much of a problem telling them. I just don't want it out there for the entire world to see.

Sheesh if you only knew that I am up in the tree looking into your window at home laptop and binoculars in hand.....PAUSE....

No sense of humor.....I have like 14 people before you on my list to go stalk. Don't get your hopes up!

i was laughing. and please hurry. i left my window cracked.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    some of us are probably embarassed about where we live LOL
    It's not like i'm from the OC, LA, MIAMI, HAWAII
    im from .......chatham.

this place doesn't exist to half the world, and it probably shouldn't LOL

LOLLL never thought about that as a reason!!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i have mine posted so people can realize how much more Awesome i am. i mean... who doesnt want to meet someone from the lone star state?!?! and Houston at that?!?! EVEN BETTA! :laugh:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think guys feel safer on the internet than do women.
    Not to say that women don't "stalk" but I think they are much less of a threat to a man.
    If a man truly has evil intentions (I am not implying that you do) then he can easily harm a woman.
    I don't think as many women physically harm men.
    In general, guys are bigger, stronger and more aggressive.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would :) but not many people on here from aberdeen I dont think xxx

Aberdeen, NC? I'm originally from that area. But the chance is very slim that you're from that small town..lol
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I try to minimize the information I provide on the internet. This includes being aware of the privacy settings on social sites (like Facebook). Even though all your data is there to be mined by google and others, why make it easy for them?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

Again? Last time that thing you call a dog(more like a pony) tried to mount me as I was crawling in. I was violated even before I got to violate.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Again? Last time that thing you call a dog(more like a pony) tried to mount me as I was crawling in. I was violated even before I got to violate.

he does like to mount the men. sorry about that. he believes in the ol saying ' an eye for an eye'
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have been hanging out on the internet long enough to know there are some serious FREAKS out there. Back in the 2007 someone reported me to the RSPCC (luckily she couldn't get hold of my address so they wouldn't take her seriously) because we fell out in a forum. I have had a lot of that kind of freaky stalker thing. I think I attract weirdos.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My location is in my Apartment which is called 'TEAM BRING IT'...:laugh: :wink:
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    yes and yes

:laugh:
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It simply never occured to me to post a location until recently.

Otherwise I never knew that people were specifically paying attention to it or spending much time wondering about it...maybe I should take it down when I think of it that way. LOL!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I would love to meet people in my area, but unfortunately I do have to watch what I put on the internet. I found out the hard way on Facebook. I work as a mental health therapist, and a client found me on facebook and set up a fake profile to friend request me. Fortunately I never posted my address/phone number on my facebook profile, but just by accidentally adding him (I play the stupid facebook games from time to time, so I thought that was why a stranger requested me), he had access to my husband's profile, my sister....
    The client ended up feeling guilty for his actions and fessed up. Needless to say my profile settings in various accounts have been VERY restricted since that time.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm having lunch with one of my "friends" on here this weekend. :)