weights

Options
Ok so when I go my 60 min work out. I do 30-45 mins of cardio and then do about 25 mins of weights legs one day and arms one day and hit my abd everyday, so my question is why don't they count weight training in the calories out. I sweat my butt of when I do my weights. I am pretty sure the question has been asked before but can't seem to find it. :embarassed:

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You can find strength training in the cardio section.
  • Lbiacono
    Lbiacono Posts: 8
    Options
    I was wondering t hat too@ I just dont add it.. oh well.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You can find strength training in the cardio section.

Yep.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you intermix the cardio and weights you can call it circuit training under cardio as well. Much more calories burned.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    the number of calories burned depends on the size of the weights, reps, sets, the type of strength exercise and the persons weight...etc. Since this can vary greatly the sight does not count the calories. You can add the strength training moves in strength training and then add it to your cardio to add the calories burned. I do this, but I do not put a lot of calories burned usually in the low 100's.
  • Yoni101
    Yoni101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got your answer as to where to find it. I would invest in a heart monitor. It will track the actual calories that you burn doing any kind of activity. It runs around $35 at Big 5 or Nike came out w/ a new one that is just the watch prob a little more expensive. It is a wonderful tool to have.
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for information! you guys helped me out