Bye Bye Arms help....

Options
Kat5343
Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
OK, one of my major problem areas are my upper arms. They are abnormally huge and the fat just hangs there....God forbid I wave at anyone. I have become so self conscious I dread the summertime because I have to wear short sleeves. I am asking anyone for help with some good exercise ideas for this problem. Also, if anyone else has had this problem and found good exercises that have been proven to work I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you so much...

:sad:

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    major bump....
  • geneil37
    geneil37 Posts: 8
    Options
    Tricep and bicep exercises!!
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My arms are my least favourite thing also, so any recs for exercises (esp if they don't always involve the gym!) would be much appreciated!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio helped mine. I did boxing ... HELPED A TON! I lost weight all over and a significant difference in the arm area.
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with my arms and abs. Really what helps is to get your cardio in and the weight will start coming off all over. You can work specific muscles all day, but the results can't be seen until the weight loss takes effect. :)
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    To tone the arms - do push ups, pull ups, tricep dips.. Basically anything to hit that tricep muscle. That is the toughest area for me to tone as my bat wings like to fly. But I have noticed that doing the push ups have really toned them up.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Besides losing fat (good diet and cardio!!), be lifting weights for your arms. Jillian Michael's has a lot of online video clips for exercises - just google! Lots of things you can do with handweights and also push-ups help a ton!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the posts. What I'm doing is lots of cardio (elliptical) and I'm strength training (lifting heavy) and my arms are definitely looking better. I still have a lot of weight to lose but I feel confident that as long as I don't lose it quickly and I keep up the weight lifting, my arms will be just fine. :flowerforyou:
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    omg, I have the same issue. They say that it gets better the more weight you lose. If you work on your tricep muscles...they say...it's suppose to help. I've been searching YouTube for tricep exercises. I hate when I keep waving even after my hand has stopped!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    All great ideas!!! I can see pushups and boxing definitely. I need to start with weights. My cardio right now is walking. The more weight I lose the more I will be able to do. Thank you for all your input. I am going to start these exercises tomorrow.
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow, I would not have posted what I did, except none of the other posts showed up. lol I feel like a goober, now. haha
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Try boxing...or something like that. I know they offer a body combat class at Gold's gym that rocks!! Punching is a really good arm workout. Also, like another person said, push ups are amazing as well.
  • Keri_girl
    Keri_girl Posts: 44
    Options
    I call mine the chicken wing and yes it's such a tough area to tone! I'm going to follow all these suggestions and if I happen to find something that works I will post! :laugh: