Veggie Friends

Options
Adynata
Adynata Posts: 128 Member
Hey guys, I'm looking to meet a few vegetarians on here to steal some recipes from. I'd like to point out that I'm not some crazy militant vegetarian that just wants to rid the world of meat eaters and all their sins or some crap, though. I like to keep my views to myself and am just looking for some people to trade recipes and tips with.

Also interested in meeting non-vegetarians, of course! So yeah, please add me if you're interested =].

Replies

• Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I guess not then =[.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hey- I'm not a veggie but loooove veggies and quite often make meals that dont contain meat- just because they taste good. Keep an eye on my blog, as I'm posting different recipes on there every day :o)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian, but I only eat meat a few times a week, so I'm always looking for new veggie meals too.
    This is a great blog to find recipes: http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes
  • vickilynn2011
    Options
    I'm not a total veggie person, but I prefer not to eat meat. I try to get my protein from other sources like soy nuts, cheese, etc. If I run across some good recipes to share, I will let you know.
  • mahanya
    mahanya Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

I am primarily a vegetarian - meaning I eat fish 2x/month and a poultry item about 1x/month. I have lost 70 lbs and have 15 more to go. I find being a vegetarian is an advantage as you can get your protein through lower calorie options such as whey protein, egg whites, non-fat yogurt or tofu. I try to eat about 80gr protein a day and keep my calories under 1300. That would be difficult eating "lean meats".
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I am a weekday vegetarian. I do not eat meat during the week and only for two meals during the weekend. It was more of a healthy, and economic choice for me than anything. I would love some new recipes too!
  • androiddreamer
    Options
    I was a vegetarian from age like 15 until I was about 20-21. I got some really bad depression about that time, and stopped caring enough to stay off meat, and have since started eating meat again. I still love a good vegetarian recipe, though.
  • BeHappyNHealthy
    Options
    Yeahhh girl! I'm Vegan actually. :) Way to go Veggie Lovelies!
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, but because I'm lactose-intolerant (and live with my vegan boyfriend) I eat mostly vegan, with exceptions. Nice to meet you!!
  • Inspiredtobe
    Inspiredtobe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too am not a vegetarian, but I do love veggies. Here are some great recipes I found that's vegetarian. Well I'm positive they are lol

Here are some I found:

13 CALORIE HOT COCOA!
    simply add 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder (like hersheys), two splenda (or other sugar substitute) packets, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract to a cup of boiling water!

(I found this amazing lol I mean 13 calories for hot cocoa? How awesome is that!)

Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients
    1 banana

Instructions

Peel your bananas first.
    Cut them into small pieces.
    Freeze for just 1-2 hours on a plate.
    Blend, blend, blend - scraping down the bowl when they stick.
    Enjoy the magic moment when they turn into ice cream!
    It turns out that frozen bananas are good for more than just dipping in chocolate. If you freeze a banana until solid, then whiz it up in a blender or food processor, it gets creamy and a little gooey, just like good custard ice cream.
    (Super yummy!)
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Becca and I'm a vegetarian. :D

I am happy to say so! I'd rather get my proteins from beans and nuts then eat muscle protein. Personal thing. I was a vegetarian for 3 years, then went back to eating meat while working in a professional kitchen. It was hard to be an efficient chef without being able to taste everything. Now, I just prefer to avoid meats all together. I still have to cook them for my family, but I enjoy veggies so much more! I get more satisfaction from making a well rounded. nutritionally sound, delicious meal without being forced to make meat the central focus. Friend me, and we can swap ideas. :D