High fiber low carb snacks?

Options
Does anyone have any ideas for high fiber low carb snacks? I'm trying a modified Atkins to kick start my weight loss again and I need high fiber snacks that have low carbs.
I'm at a loss..

:sad:

Replies

• Lbiacono
    Lbiacono Posts: 8
    Options
    Try- whey protein shakes- low carbs ones-- hgih in protein very low in carbs

Also- Nuts!!
    They are low in carbs and high in fiber and protein
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    When I did Atkins, I used to eat cauliflower florets dipped in ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing. Really, any non-starchy veggie is good dipped in ranch.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    you can add benifiber to you recipes to i do this alot!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    spinach, collard greens, asparagus, flax, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, wheat bran, mushrooms, raspberries, blackberries, eggplant, cabbage, strawberries, snow peas, bell peppers, etc...
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Fiber is a carb... so with that said, if you are looking for snacks that have high fiber, thus reducing the carb/calorie count due to the body being unable to process fiber - popcorn & fiber one cereal are good choices.

Just be careful when increasing fiber, if it is a too rapid, it will cause gas & diarrhea.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Fiber is a carb... so with that said, if you are looking for snacks that have high fiber, thus reducing the carb/calorie count due to the body being unable to process fiber - popcorn & fiber one cereal are good choices.

Just be careful when increasing fiber, if it is a too rapid, it will cause gas & diarrhea.

I'm only getting about 6-9 grams a day now and my body was use to getting 20-30 grams.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great ideas!
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tip for when you up your fiber - do it SLOWLY by adding a few more grams to your diet each day. If you add too much at a time you will get very gassy/bloated and likely loose stools as well. Not fun.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt Spinach Dip
    Mix together roasted garlic, a little red onion, spinach, and plain greek yogurt. Dip your veggies in it!!

Also, GG Scandinavian crackers with tuna fish are a great option.

I eat string cheese like it's a job!
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Edamame and jicama are high in fiber and have low net carbs.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    coming back to this...I agree with the poster that gave the green leafy veggies...eat those..a lot...