Day 2 of Paleo - feel great wondering if it is just in my he

Options
I am still a little nervous, I do great at work, as soon as I walk through the door at home it is a different story. Very challenging with children and a hubby who does not need to lose weight. But I still feel great, is that normal after only the second day of eating Paleo?????

Replies

• BodyByBrusselSprouts
    BodyByBrusselSprouts Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck

I am on day 32 of being Primal. It gets easier (at least Primal does, though it is a bit more lenient that strict paleo). I am seriously considering doing a Whole30 starting June1 to kick it up a notch. But after a month I feel better than I have in years.

Welcome
    Dave
  • girlonamission34
    Options
    how much weight have you lost? I know it sounds crazy but I just feel "lighter" today, not as sluggish.....hope it continues
  • BodyByBrusselSprouts
    Options
    I am down about 14 lbs since I started primal. SW 238 CW 224. My all time high was 261 about a year ago. I took off 30 lbs doing the cleansing/natural foods diets. But then I stalled big time in the 230s and bounced between 230 and 239 no matter what I tried I was stuck for about 5 months. Started at MFP couple months ago and found the primal/paleo in April (thats why my ticker weight is different from my Primal start).

A couple of nice benefits. I think the weight loss from 238-224 is much more noticeable than it was from 260-230. People comment now. My skin tone is better. My face looks thinner. I don't have to eat nearly as often (about every 6 hours now vs every 3 before), my dark circles under my eyes nearly disappeared in the first week.

That's the good stuff. From about day 3 to day 10 I had the carb flu. It was like cigarette withdrawals all over again, or maybe heroin. I was tired, spacy, grouchy, headachy, weak, etc. But it cleared and when it did I started feeling a lot better. So if it gets like that, ride it out. It is worth it

Dave
  • BodyByBrusselSprouts
    Options
    There are also a couple of support groups on here for people living the Paleo/Primal way. I am in this one, come say hello:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/244384-no-grain-no-pain?page=7#posts-3301036

Dave