Stationary Bike

Options
Does anyone know where I could buy a thingie to make my bike stationary? I love riding my bike and I was thinking of joining a gym this winter, but if I could make use of my bike all year round that would be great. Also, how much do they differ in price? If I get a cheaper one will that affect how well it works?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I could buy a thingie to make my bike stationary? I love riding my bike and I was thinking of joining a gym this winter, but if I could make use of my bike all year round that would be great. Also, how much do they differ in price? If I get a cheaper one will that affect how well it works?
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Go to a bike store. I have seen these things that you set your bike on. Sorry don't know how much, they weren't cheap, but there are several models. Maybe you can check on line. HTH
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

a thingie eh? lol
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

a thingie eh? lol

Oh, Jackie! Is your mind STILL in the gutter? :huh:

Oh, wait......it's ALWAYS there! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:drinker: for the record: I was thinking the same thing! teheehehe
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

a thingie eh? lol

Oh, Jackie! Is your mind STILL in the gutter? :huh:

Oh, wait......it's ALWAYS there! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:drinker: for the record: I was thinking the same thing! teheehehe

noooooo not me my mind is NEVER in the gutter nuh uh...
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com has one. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Motivator-Indoor-Bicycle-Trainer/dp/B000AAYBWS/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1221086339&sr=8-1

You can probably Google for it though and maybe find something different. They're called Stationary Trainer
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah I forgot I clicked on this topic for a reason! :laugh:

I want one of those thingys, too......(for the bike, Jackie) I say you get what you pay for, though when it comes to equipment that'll be used for the long term. Def check out online first for prices, then check out the merchandise locally if you can.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Kinetic which I bought online after looking at it in my local bike shop. It's got a sealed fluid chamber and it is SUPER quiet, which means I can use it at 5:30 in the morning inside the house. It was a bit pricey but I got a good deal on it on-line (www.all3sports.com). I bought the accessories at my local bike shop (a mat, a riser block and a bike "thong"--keeps sweat from corroding your bike).

There are less expensive models out there; I went high end because I had a gift certificate and I needed something that could take the constant use that my husband and I would give it, and because it's quiet.

http://www.kurtkinetic.com/trainers-c-7-l-en.html
    http://www.all3sports.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=bike+trainer&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0