hcg article

Options
I've heard people trying this. I've never had much interest in it but I was reading this article and it was scary. Be safe MFPers. Just really be careful, whatever methods of weight loss you choose.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/is-the-hcg-diet-a-risky-fad

Replies

• sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i tried the drops last year for about 2 weeks, but hated it.

my cousin is a nurse and she worked with a patient who had gotten the hcg injections. this patient had strokes and irreversible medical problems because of the injections.

thanks for posting.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you shared this and I hope people are reading it! I tried the drops before joining MFP, but thankfully I only lasted a week. Too much went wrong, and now I'm glad I'm doing this the healthy way!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    The scariest part of the article is they point out the weight loss is due to the extreme calorie deficit - so the HCG isn't doing anything towards that regard. Just ruining people's health.

Thanks for posting this!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    There are REALLY Desperate people out there wanting to lose weight...Many only need to lose 10-50 lbs and feel so compelled to use these short term solutions that are Dangerous. Just like some that used the Phen-Phen and other dangerous assists, many feel a need to do it QUICKLY. I just hope that they have "weighed" the consequences of their actions for the future. I don't even know if it is appropriate to "Motivate" or "Give Encouragement" to those that are on that Plan or other Plans that are so dangerous. For Me it is somewhat of an ethical dilemma ( Happy because they may be losing weight, but do not personally approve of how they are doing it.)

Thanks for the article, it gives Me insight.
  • aset132
    aset132 Posts: 91
    Options
    There are REALLY Desperate people out there wanting to lose weight...Many only need to lose 10-50 lbs and feel so do compelled to use these short term solutions that are Dangerous. Just like some that used the Phen-Phen and other dangerous assists, many feel a need to do it QUICK. I just hope that they have "weighed" the consequences of their actions for the future. I don't even know if it is appropriate to "Motivate" or "Give Encouragement" to those that are on that Plan or other Plans that are so dangerous. For Me it is somewhat of an ethical dilemma ( Happy because they may be losing weight, but do not personally approve of how they are doing it.)

I don't comment with WTG's on peoples diaries or plans that seem extreme. I love my friends and I want them to succeed but in a healthy way. Ethically I can't congratulate someone who is harming themselves. It is a touchy and personal thing.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Please stop posting this article...........It has been posted like 4 times already and the whole thing is full of lies.

There is nothing unhealthy about the HCG plan and many doctors are prescribing it to their patients as an alternative to weight loss surgery.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lock this thread, as the article has already been posted several times. If you have comments to make, there is an established thread here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/249686-risky-diet-in-the-news

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.