Protein Drinks

Options
I tried my first Protein Drink the other day and whilst the taste left something to be desired, I did find that it helped control my appetite. Unfortunately the drink did not agree with me.
I have read about Soy being both beneficial to health and hormones and was wondering if anyone had tried Soy and whether they found it beneficial.

Replies

• optimumsy
    optimumsy Posts: 3
    Options
    I have not tried any soy based protein but have found a great tasting protein. Its called Syntrax Nectar, it comes in several fruity flavors. My favorite is the roadside lemonade and the pink grapefruit. It only has 90 calories per scoop(mixed with 16 oz) and no sugar or carbs... Just thought I'd share. :wink:
  • smo04
    smo04 Posts: 1
    Options
    I drink Body Fortress Super Advanced whey protein (chocolate.) It tastes really good, almost like chocolate milk and I have noticed that it helped curb my appetite, too. I think it was around $13-$15 at walmart. I have heard that soy isn't all it's cracked up to be and that it actually has some negative side effects long term, but I'm a male and it could be different.
  • TNelly
    TNelly Posts: 16
    Options
    Hmm Have not tried yet so I dont know much. Wonder if the reaction to the drink could be the type of protein. I noticed there are different types of pretein drinks like whey and stuff... Good Luck
  • ecarpenter9201
    Options
    I have Bolthouse protein plus shakes, which are very yummy, whey and soy based, and all natural. They have 16g protein per 8 oz. (190 cals) and has 21 natural vitamins and minerals. I use this as an after workout snack. Lately I've also been buying Odwalla protein monster, the vanilla flavor. The 10 oz bottle has 320 cals, so I usually have half, and use it instead of cream in my coffee. Its perfect to fill you up and keep you going with the added caffeine. Odwalla is soy and dairy based. Neither are chaulky and both come in bottles at the grocery store, so no need to get the blender out.
  • kblue0925
    kblue0925 Posts: 5
    Options
    Love the syntax nectar!!! the lemon iced tea is actually quite delicious!!!!
    I use a whey protein - 104 calories and 20g protein. pretty good banana flavor - even better when i make it with milk - more filling - great for breakfast!
  • JMUBumbleBee
    Options
    Have you ever had a Banana Chocolate Vivanno from Starbucks? I found an awesome at home recipe that is delicious. Two tablespoons of chocolate whey protein (the Trader Joe's brand is good), one banana, 1/2 cup milk and ice. I also add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed. It makes it a little gritty, but it's supposed to be good for you. Blend it all together in a blender. Awesome, and keeps you going until lunchtime.
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, I have looked at the different shakes you have discussed, the Odwalla Protein Monster looks tasty but don't think you can get it in UK.