It really makes all the difference...

Options
So right now I'm sitting here, already finished with dinner, and staring at my food journal with 500 calories left to eat and no idea how to fill them up. There are so many days though when I am struggling to find something I can actually have for dinner that won't send me soaring above my Cals.

So why is today different?

Well yeah, for one I exercised. Which gave me some extra Cals(about 300) and supressed my appetite a little. What really made the difference, though, is the food choices I made. Instead of having a bunch of the yummy cookies my mother-in-law made I took the INO state of mind (for those who have not read Secrets of a Former Fat Girl this is 'it's not an option'), and made myself focus on more healthy and fulfilling foods. The difference between today and the days I cave and have 200 to 400 calories worth of sweets is just so huge. I did however allow myself one cookie this evening after I knew I would be okay on calories. Right now I'm at 1,350 cals for the day, and completely satisfied, but the days I let myself go for the sweets I'm just begging for more food. I might actually have some cals left over today, which is okay for me since my daily goal is only set for a 1lb a week loss.

So it really does make a difference: Exercise + A bit of INO

What have you guys found really makes the difference for you?

Edit: Ooops, meant to post this on the Nutrition board :embarassed:

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    So right now I'm sitting here, already finished with dinner, and staring at my food journal with 500 calories left to eat and no idea how to fill them up. There are so many days though when I am struggling to find something I can actually have for dinner that won't send me soaring above my Cals.

So why is today different?

Well yeah, for one I exercised. Which gave me some extra Cals(about 300) and supressed my appetite a little. What really made the difference, though, is the food choices I made. Instead of having a bunch of the yummy cookies my mother-in-law made I took the INO state of mind (for those who have not read Secrets of a Former Fat Girl this is 'it's not an option'), and made myself focus on more healthy and fulfilling foods. The difference between today and the days I cave and have 200 to 400 calories worth of sweets is just so huge. I did however allow myself one cookie this evening after I knew I would be okay on calories. Right now I'm at 1,350 cals for the day, and completely satisfied, but the days I let myself go for the sweets I'm just begging for more food. I might actually have some cals left over today, which is okay for me since my daily goal is only set for a 1lb a week loss.

So it really does make a difference: Exercise + A bit of INO

What have you guys found really makes the difference for you?

Edit: Ooops, meant to post this on the Nutrition board :embarassed:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: I have been on the INO state of mind lately and it makes a HUGE difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hardest part had been to say no to my husband when he offered to prepare a drink for me, snacks or desserts and that too is getting easier. He says he supports me but by doing that he was "unconsciously" sabotaging my efforts. :flowerforyou: