Success.......... What changed things?

Options
doobabe
doobabe Posts: 436 Member
As an attempt to help others over the hurdles I have faced, with a whole lot less stumbling along the way.......... I think it would be nice to share what brought/ is brining you to success. We have all tripped and even fallen along the way- but, with any luck, we learned from it. What can we share with others to hopefully help them on their journey? Plenty Im sure.......

1. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. So can you...

2. Exercise!!!! I dont care if you have 200lbs to lose or 20lbs to gain- Exercise is key if you would like to be healthy and look half way decent in the end. Most times if you lose a large sum of weight and dont exercise you will end up looking a hot mess. Get in as much cardio and strength training as you can- this will not only burn those calories and stubborn stored fat, but it will increase your metabolism and build muscle- which burns fat and makes you have the "toned look". It is necessary!

3. Eat ENOUGH calories. Your doing your body a disservice if your starving it on a daily basis. Eating way less than your daily calorie goal on a regular basis is NOT a good thing. Focus on good calories, though- limit the empty ones like in sugary cereals and junk food.

4. Diet food filled with chemicals is NOT your friend! Those chemicals are proven to cause cancer in some cases, and in MOST cases weight gain. You bet- your body needs real, wholesome foods to function properly. Pumping it full of horemones and chemicals is not the way to go. Focus on naturally healthy foods that are low in calories if need be. Junk in Junk out. Organics are always BEST!

5. Water, Water, Water!!!!! I cannot say this enough. Chug it down people. It flushes your body clean in so many ways. 1oz per every 1/2 of pound of your body weight (minimum). Your body NEEDs it- lack of water will cause anything from constipation to headaches and WRINKLES. Thats right- Wrinkles. Drink up!

6. Have a plan. Every single night I put my workout clothes out and I work out IMMEDIATELY in the morning. Now, this isnt for everyone, but it is highly recommended if you often "talk yourself out of it" later. Do it right away before you find a reason not to. I log all of my food that I plan to eat in MFP the night before or in the morning- I NEVER wait to the end of the day. It can be really hard to get your totals to be on track that way. And, I find that if I log it all- and put everything out that I am going to eat, thats what I eat. I dont change my mind when I get home and eat a whole cheesecake becasue I am tired and hungry and dont feel like thinking about making dinner. It is already out and as prepared as it can be.

7. Forgive yourself!!! You will Stumble- why? Becasue we are human and make mistakes. So you ate a 10 course italian meal instead of the salad you planned.... So what! As long as you dont do it often- DO NOT beat yourself up. You cannot eat only lettuce for the rest of your life and this is, after all a lifestyle change, right? There will be evenings out, birthday parties and lunch dates. If you feel guilty all day you will be stressed and end up eating MORE. Trust me here, I am the master of this one. Just forgive yourself and move on. Not tomorrow- but right now.

8. Get your Protein and Fiber. I cant express how important this is especially if you are working out. MFP has both set low, so I ALWAYS go over and I think it is necessary. Protein- 1g for every 1lb of your goal weight- or in that general neighborhood. This is especially important if you are working out!!!!!!! If you cant get it out of your food- mix in a protein shake right after you work out. You cant build or repair muscle without it- period. Fiber- Oh so many of us lack here and BIG TIME. I want to say women need at least 40-50g/ day (with plenty of water of course). Your body cant flush itself out without it- and that leads to all kinds of things all the way to immune deficiencies. You should watch all of your nutrients and supplement where you need to. MFP is a blessing, in that we are ABLE to find the problems so we can then fix them!

9. REST! We all need it. If you truck on like a crazy person in the beginning and dont allow your body any rest you will fail. You absolutely need rest, at least one day a week from hard training and plent of sleep at night.

10. Apple Cider Vinegar relieves seasonal allergies.

11. "They say motivation doesnt last- well neither does bathing so I recommend it daily"

12. Save plenty of calories for dinner/night time. Chances are, if your going to over eat it will be then and if you can keep yourself on track through out the day you are more likely to have a sensible dinner. But if you do want a snack later- you have the calories for it!

13. If you have a question or are unsure of something- just ask! MFP has so many wonderful people that have most likely been in your situation and can at least give you some suggestions to push you in the right direction. Were all here for the same reason and sometimes we have the question and sometimes we have the answer. Dont be afraid to ask, it could mean the difference between getting help and moving on or digging your heels in and quitting.

I am NOT in any way, shape or form a doctor, physical therapist, nutritionist (or mullet sporting hair stylist LOL) or anything of the like! If you have a medical condition- DONT LISTEN TO ME LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR(they know best)! I am just a person who has been there done that, and wants to help whomever I can because I know what it was like to struggle because I didnt know which foot to put in front of the other. Take it for what its worth- hopefully you learned something that will help you on your journey to health! Blessings to all! :o)

Replies

• allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    love this!!! thanks!!
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tmorelli2
    tmorelli2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Love this. Just what I needed to hear. I am going to print this out and put it on the mirror and fridge. Thank you for the motivating words!
  • chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hi i totally agree with what you say ,i also log in my foods every morning for the all day and my exercise for the day and upto now it has worked ,ive stuck to it each day ,plus i know exactly what im eating before ive eaten it plus can alter if calories are to high before eating .:smile:
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You're a wonderful motivation, lady. Thanks for this and the positive thoughts throughout the week!
  • txbabes1
    txbabes1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Love this. Just what I needed to hear. I am going to print this out and put it on the mirror and fridge. Thank you for the motivating words!

I like this idea!
  • amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thank you this was great!
  • ajricketts
    ajricketts Posts: 32
    Options
    I love it as well . . . .

Except for the water calculation, lol. That would mean I have to drink 482 oz./per day? 4 gallons nearly? Just seems off, lol.

However, I love your post :)
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Thank you :) You are a great MFP friend! Love the motivation!
    :happy:
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Water- Take your body weight- divide it in HALF... Thats how many oz's of water you need per day. That was a little fuzzy I guess lol.
  • Utefootball2010
    Options
    I love reading what you post... So informational and honest... You are awesome and I'm glad you are one of my MFP's... :)
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks for this :wink:
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

11. "They say motivation doesnt last- well neither does bathing so I recommend it daily"

This is my favorite item from your list, I love it!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, bump and THANK YOU!
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, I love your positive tone and especially how you emphasize that we're human and we don't have to be perfect! Congrats on your own weight loss.
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    BUMP! Wonderful post!