NSV.....Doc wanted to know my "Secret"!

Options
I went to the DR today to get a re-check on my BP and Cholesterol. Was put on BP meds in Dec. and CHOL was high. Since she saw me last, which was in February, I have lost 16lbs in addition to the 5 I had lost since I saw her in December. Plus, my BP was 114 over 74, perfect!!! I get my blood test results tomorrow so hoping for more good news! DR wanted to know my secret, what I had been doing to have such success. I told her about MFP and how it has helped me stay accountable. I felt like a million bucks walking out of there today:):happy:

Replies

• dopey81
    dopey81 Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow that's great news congrats and good job!!!!!!!
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I see a cardiologist annually, and since my last visit I've lost 60 pounds, and they asked what my secret was!!! I loved it!! Congrats to you!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I hope you get great news when your blood work comes back. You are rocking!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! It is so great to know that you are getting healthy inside and out!! this is cosmetic changes, this is real change!! Great job!!:drinker:
  • FITFAB44
    FITFAB44 Posts: 3
    Options
    That's super awesome!!! Congratulations. What a fantastic accomplishment. Just know that your Dr. will be recommending MFP to future clients. You're a role model!! Yay you!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! You're doing an amazing job and everyone apparently is noticing!! Keep up the great work.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    This is great! I'm so proud for you, keep it up!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    WoooHoooo!!!!!! Doctors are usually pretty honest. I talked to mine about my weight and she said for my activity it is fine, but if I gain 5 lbs when I come back next year we are going to talk. Lets hope that conversation goes like yours did! Awesome!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work! MFP - my personal fountain of youth!
  • cfer843625
    cfer843625 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! :happy:
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! keep up the great work.
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats..I know u must be soooo proud of u r self...Stay healthy..
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    BEST NSV EVER!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I had two incidents like that in the past year...
    Went in last summer for a quick check up after a car accident (I was fine but my neck felt a little stiff so I wanted to be sure everything was ok before I talked to the other guy's insurance company) and the nurse who checked me in asked the same question because at that point I'd dropped about 40 pounds. I was doing Weight Watchers at the time but this is essentially the same idea...staying within limits and exercising to "earn" some extra calories.

Then this past January I went in for my annual and was down another 20 pounds. My BP was way down (it was borderline high before) and my cholesterol had dropped about 12 points. My doc was so happy because she'd been trying to convince me for years to drop the weight but I just couldn't stick with it. Never thought I'd say this but I can't wait for my annual next year!
  • TamiLinc
    TamiLinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Excellent news!
  • Spiritwood
    Spiritwood Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations! It is good to hear of success.
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! Keep up the great work:-)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That is so great!!! Wonderful!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Such great news! Congratulations:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!