Addicted!

Options
Hi, I'm Jenn and I'm addicted to weighing myself. Everyday, multiple times a day.
I know theres people out there that are addicted too. What do you do so that you don't get discouraged when the scale goes up a half a pound every other day or so?

Replies

• sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My scale is kept in my spare bedroom and every time I walk down the hall and pass the room, I feel the need to weigh myself. I just drink more water when I notice a gain, and try to flush it out! There isn't much you can do, the scale will fluctuate every day but I don't let it discourage me. I just tell myself tomorrow, it will go down!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to weighing myself too.

However, I don't get down or depressed when I see the scale go up - especially if it is within the same day. My weight fluctuates by up to 5lbs a day. So, when I step on and see it is 149 or 150, I don't panic because I know it is "normal" for me. You have to learn what your normal fluctuation is and then you won't panic when you see it.
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    i used to do that too. i don't now because i'm afraid of what the scale will say lol. sometimes it is better to be pessimistic
  • leelow23
    leelow23 Posts: 4
    Options
    im addicted too! especially because it changes every day by a couple pounds. i keep buying more scales :(..it seems so hard to get over!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I do that to when I am home but common sense tell me as I eat - there is food/water in my body...
    so the number won't count - I laugh the gain/loss off during the week
    and will take 1st weight in after the bathroom in the morning (naked) as my jot down number (every other friday usually)

try not to let it affect you - It could really drive a person nuts!!!
  • drosario1204
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I wake up...I hear thats when your the lightest...also I think its important to weigh yourself at the same time everyday (or how ever often you weigh yourself) for better accuracy of weight change