Hey im new here

Options
This site seems pretty cool, and will help a lot in terms of calories taken in THATS A GIVEN!! So i'm from montreal, trying to get my body back into the shape it was when i was `17!! i gained literally 70lbs!!! in 6 years :( ... but i am motivated to reduce back to the tiny little me that i was!!!
Any tips?
I'm eating more fruits and veggies everyday... and drinking atleast 8 glasses of water a day if not more ... I am working out on my eliptical at home for 30 mins/ 6 days a week ... i dont know if this is enough!!:S i find it hard to pull a good sweat!! So i am unsure if i am retaining water!!! I only sweat on my face back armpits and chest:S haha sorry for the TMI !!! I am just trying to get as discriptive as possible to receive good and helpful tips that helped you loose weight!!

Replies

• RiseWayward
    RiseWayward Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hello :) i'm new here too!
    just thought i'd say hi though (i clicked on you because of your name --- im a big GossipGirl-Chuck-Bass fan ;)
    i also have an elliptical trainer at home. i'm going to try and go on it at least once every other day!
    are you aiming to loose 70lbs then? i want to shift about 30 by September. here's to hoping :)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    In addition to what you already are doing, make sure you are getting enough protein and fiber. They keep you fuller during the day and help burn fat and build lean muscle! Stay away from Fast Food and Processed Food as much as you can, even the low calorie stuff has tons of sodium.

You are on the right track! Best of Luck and Keep up posted!
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    hey hey thanks !! me too big gossipgirl fan!! loveee it!!! well we can work on it together if you'd like... my 1st goal is to shed 10 lbs the rest ill worry about with time!! add me as a friend if u'd like :)
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    hey stanvoodo... thanks for the encouragement!! andd OMG CONGRATZ on the weight loss.. your doing amazing!!! im trying to eat a lot of salad with protein like tunaa and chicken ~~ and im trying not to eat too too much but just enough ~~~ im just wondering if my excercise is enough
  • RiseWayward
    RiseWayward Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i'd just see how it goes with the exercise, build it up - your fitness ability should grow in time!

also- ive noticed that i lack protein in my diet - i know its chicken, fish etc which i do eat but i just dont seem to be getting any where near my rda for it most days! have you got any good protein reccommendations??
  • LindaWarner17
    LindaWarner17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    Welcome, you are going to love it on this website! I was in the same boat as you when I started on here. I had gained 80 pounds since I was 17 years old (2003), and I wanted my old body back. I am happy to report that I have lost 34 pounds since I began on here in January, and I am about half way to my goal weight. Fruits and veggies, the water, and the eliptical are all great! I incorporate strength training into my workouts 3 times a week or so also. Building muscle has helped me a lot. Maybe check how much sodium you are getting a day, that can cause water retention. I try to limit my sodium most days because I cling onto water like a balloon.

Other useful tools I use ALL the time:
    1. Food scale - I measure everything I eat at home, I find this has been way better than "eyeballing" serving sizes, when I guesstimate, I eat more, lol.
    2. Digital scale - seeing that .5 of a pound of weight loss is very motivating, as compared to a conventional scale that only shows the whole number. My scale also measures body fat percentage, which I monitor very closely to make sure I am keeping muscle and losing fat.
    3. Tape measure - If I am on a plateau, I measure myself more often than weighing myself. Oftentimes I am still losing inches even when I'm not losing weight on the scale.
    4. Support! I have friends on this website and at home who are AMAZING and keep me going on hard days.
    5. A Great Attitude - Stay positive and happy :)

You will be seeing progress in no time girl!
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    welll i stick to tuna and grilled chicken.. but any fish is really good try salmon .. if you like fish that is.. as for meat i would stick to chicken breast!! less fat .. on the bbq is amazing topped over a salad!! humm .. im trying to up my intake of fruits and veggies lol .. i try to have a salad a day but it isnt 5 veggies !! and i am not a big fan of veggies to begin with .. the only ones i like are: broccoli, carrots, corn, peas, lettuce, and cucomber!! haha ! i know really not a lot! im trying to consume more watermelon as fruit wise... as it has a lot of water...... 92% water and its soooo YUMMY !!! Fitness wise... i can do 30 minutes easy now after 1 week of going on.. however my legs start to kill after 30 mins.. but my breathing is much better... and also my heart rate went much lower than it was on day one from : 170 to 135-145 now :D
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    thanks so much for the support lindo1117 ... thats great,, and congratz on the weight loss!! i am very motivated... and trying my best not to binge (as my time of the month is here very soon) hahaha im sure this is going to be the hardest part trying to excercise and eat right BUT I WILL DO IT!!! well my fiance at home is very supportive ... excercises with me all the time even though he doesn't need to haha !! but he always pushes me to do my work out and doesn't let me eat anything that is junk food! as for strength training .. do u have any tips on what i can do with my body weight? as i am working out at home and don't have any weights... ???
  • LindaWarner17
    LindaWarner17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can do push ups, sit ups, squats, and really any core exercises are good. Here is a great website I like to reference when I need some new material: http://www.best-weight-loss-programs.net/strength-training-exercises-at-home.html

Also, one of my girlfriends and I once used bottles of juice as weights when working out before we bought some 5 pounders at the store. You can use water bottles or anything easy to hold onto as weights as well :) Being a poor college student requires imagination when it comes to workout equipment!
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    haha true that!!! well i always thought that i needed to loose all the weight via cardio first and then incorporate the stregth training? guess im wrong :S ahha i will definetly apply these extra excercises daily !! should i do the plank, as i want to loose lower stomach fat.
  • paggija
    paggija Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey I'm new here I think this site is cool and can help with each other :)
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    so am i ... welcome!! we are in the quest to loose weight!!!