Salad

Options
I want to make a salad....I have cucumbers, spinach, green peppers, croutons and raspberry vinagerete dressing.
I want to try somethign different and cut up a hard boiled egg and put it in....will that taste ok?

Replies

• modubb
    modubb Posts: 22
    Options
    I think it will taste delicious- I would suggest topping the salad with the egg. Maybe even just use the egg white! If you have some sunflower seeds, that sounds like it would be great as well! Bon Appetit!
  • pjol79
    pjol79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love chopped up hard boiled eggs in my salads, but to each their own :) Try it out and see if you like it, too!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. :)
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    YES! I think that would be a great addition and good protein too! Go for it!!!
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs in my salad, it's a good source of protein but I wouldn't eat the whole egg everyday. Sometimes I skip the yolk and just eat the white.
  • steffae
    steffae Posts: 47
    Options
    OHH and i'm also putting in some cooked chicken aswell. Like baked chicken.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I love salad with some protein in it--egg or cheese or chicken or salmon! Mmmmmmm. Invite me over!
  • MistyRD
    MistyRD Posts: 7
    Options
    Sounds yummy to me! I'd even add a 1/4 cup black beans...but I love beans. Keep up the good work!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Love a hard boiled egg in my salad:happy:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Salads are another dish that anything goes. I often add egg to my salad for the protein boost. Want a Mexican salad? Try baby greens, black beans, corn and avocado. Top with with a tiny bit of cheese and salsa instead of dressing. Or Spinach strawberries, walnuts, tiny bit of crumbled feta and a strawberry vinaigrette. Or loss the lettuce and mix onions, cucumber, tomato with a cup of quinoa and some apple cider vinager. I could go on and on. vary the lettuce, swap out the fruits and veg, the possibilities are endless.