for those people who are frustrated with the scale!!

Options
Arg!! do i hate the scale!! every mornin i go on it and my weight fluctuates.. one day i loose 2-3 lbs and the next day i gain it right back.... its motivating to see the loss but not so much the gain!! what other methods work ??? i have a digital scale .. should i get one that measures the fat % as well? and muscle weight?

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My trick is to weigh in once a week, for me on Friday mornings because I'm usually good throughout the week with eating right and exercising.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Focus on something other than the scale for awhile. I know my scale hasn't been moving much lately, but I can definitely see a difference in the way my clothes fit and my measurements. I have been stuck between 165 and167 for about a month, but I can see and feel more definition in my legs, arms, a flatter belly and my collarbone is beginning to show. I have changed my workout routine and am trying to ignore the number on the scale. I am sure that I am doing what I need to, and that sometime soon the scale will begin the downward trend again. For now it is keep working hard and believing that the weight change will follow soon enough. Good luck!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Body weight typically varies 1-2 pounds a day. Weigh yourself once a week, not each day, to get a true weight gain/loss idea.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't weigh in every day if it's aggravating you. I've recently started weighing in several times a day to understand how my weight fluctuates through the day, but that wasn't until I was decent way into my journey. Bottom line is that the scale shouldn't govern how you feel...if it's driving you crazy, declare one day a week your weigh in day and hide it the rest of the week! Take measurements if you want, and gauge your success by how you feel, your fitness, and your energy level.
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    thanks for all the advice.. iknow i shouldnt be weighing myself everyday... however i feel the need to want to c my success!! but i will definetly give it a go .. anyone familiar with the weight watcher scale? is it any good?