New here and looking for some good motivators! :)

Options
Hey everyone!

My name is Renee, I'm 24 years old, and I have been using mfp for a little while now on my phone, and just today realized that there was also a website! So excited to see that there is actually a place to come and talk with other people who have a common goal!

I would really like to lose about 15-20 pounds by July, I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I really would like to do this for myself. I would actually even be happy with 10. ANYTHING! I was the size that I wanted to be a few years back and let myself gain all that I lost back..NOT a good feeling! I've also had weight issues, since I was very young, and I want to be healthy, and STAY healthy.

What is everyone else doing to keep themselves motivated with their weight loss goals? What types of exercising are you all doing?

Thanks a lot! And I'm really excited to get healthy with all of you! :)

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    hey welcome...no matter how much you have to lose, it's still rough. I go to the gym AT LEAST 3 day s a week, I aim for 5 though. I do cardio and weights every other day, and the days in between I do cardio and calisthetics. I also love to mountain bike, so I rip around as much as I can...motivation is hard for me, so feel free to add me and we can kick each other in the butt lol
  • nmterp
    nmterp Posts: 74
    Options
    Welcome! I too lost weight and then gained it back and am now working to reach my goals (which includes losing around 15 more lbs by July). MFP friends are a huge motivator for me (feel free to add me if you'd like). I also allow my friends to view my food and exercise diaries. This helps me with accountability and honesty. If I'm embarassed to log it, I probably shouldn't eat it! Other motivators: an outfit I'd like to wear stares me down daily, quotes that inspire me to keep with it are posted here there an everywhere, pictures of myself that I'd rather not see are also posted in strategic places to remind me of why I'm doing this. I also post pics of me when I was thinner where I work out to remind me that I've done it before and I'll do it again.

As for exercise: six letters for you C-A-R-D-I-O! I get bored, so variety is key for me (variety in elliptical program, workout music, and workouts themselves). I'm also very frugal so I keep things cheap or next to cheap. I was attending group fitness classes at my community center for a whopping $3 a session, I have a jump rope, free weights, resistence bands, a wii fit, and I recently acquired a "used", even though the tags were still on it, elliptical and rely on those as well as free workout programs on Netflix streaming for workouts. I try to do something active at least 5 days a week. I aim for an hour, but in reality most days end up being about 30 minutes.

Best of luck to you!